Aerial Photo

Guest StingGuy

Actually a very interesting photo. :;)3:

As the Glassair is preatty quick, one would imagine he has had to slow down to have his photo taken.

I guess this would explain the amount of up elevator he is holding in the shot?

The background must be hiding the higher angle of attack he is flying at to fly this slow without flaps (or maybe he has?).

Would be interesting to know all the details of this flight, speed, C of G position, fuel load, chase plane, etc.

Good geeky stuff. ;)

Arthur.

Guest StingGuy

Hi Arthur

I'd better come clean... Honesty is a policy of this forum! This is a composite shot... the Glasair III is sitting on the ground and we did the rest in the computer. Lots of comment about the photo and have done several for other pilots after they saw this one. I forgot about the elevator! I was in the pilot seat and someone else did the photo... only noticed after we had already done it. Would have been pretty hard to catch the GIII to take a pix so this was a good way to do it.

Gary

Not trying to take over the thread, but maybe we could see just what people can do with Photoshop!?

Here's one of my attempts......

Arthur.

20060620_125123_Harvard-UT-6.jpg.b74c36cea0328ee683cd38b424ed29b2.jpg

Could very well be parked out front of hangar 17 one day!

Probably in about 5 years time unless someone offers me lots of money to build it sooner.. 011_clap.gif.c796ec930025ef6b94efb6b089d30b16.gif

I'll have to talk to Jolly Rodger and see if he's interested.

All metal, Rotec powered, optional retracts, two seats, bright YELLOW..... ;)

But I've got a 'Sport Racer' and a Hurricane to build first!

Arthur.

Hi Paul

Glassair 1 FT VH-HRG 840TT, LycO-320,Electronic Ign, 150kt criuse, NVFR, VMS CPI800Inst, GPS,Elect flaps, useful load 370 kg. It belongs to a friend of ours and it is for sale. It is quite a nice aircraft.

Regards

Ed