Trike between ballarat and beuford (Vic)

To the moron flying at fence height along the western freeway this morning in the white trike,

I would suggest you get in urgent contact with casa. Your details have been passed to HFGA, RAAus and casa. The CFMEU are also interested in a back lane way discussion.

- fence height over the top of road workers. I did find it amazing that you didn't kill your self when you flew under the high tension power lines and over the fence and just missed the excavator. Then flew at same height for over 10km along the roadworks.

Dumb, very dumb. Hand your ticket in. If I see you around the traps I will be having a stern discussion with you.

Giles Gibson...... (Happy to put my name on this). Suspect he came out of ballarat.

• Agree 1
  • Helpful 1

The oh&s site manager got it. I couldn't see it as my view from the truck was level with top of wing. Yes he was that low.

Very unhappy road workers. Mind you if he hit some heavy earthmoving equipment he may have done us all a favour.

Accidents don't do anyone favours Gibbo, losing the privilege to fly will probably hurt more, the problem is you licence is only a piece of plastic and he if he is prepared to flaunt the rules flying at fence top height in full view of every worker and motorist I am sure taking the ticket won't stop him, maybe trashing the trike and getting out of it without a scratch would be a great out come.

Gee he was just having a little fun ,what could go wrong he missed the excavator didn't he,and flew under the power lines showing how good a pilot he is ,bloody fun police.

What if a numbskull inexperienced pilot takes to the air nice and early, the air is calm vision is within legal range all is good. Then as your enjoying the flight you start to notice a haze approaching and vision is becoming alarmingly poor? So you decide to call it quits but alas you can't out the run the haze and it catches you. Shit, you panic and head for the ground searching for a place to put her down, your now down to fence hight in a panic (under 500ft due to weather)and just want to land.you follow the the main rd you see and as you fight for orintaion in a panic skimming the heads of some unsuspecting workmen whom have know idea in YOUR head your actually fighting for survival,you decide whilst vision is good at umpteen ft and suffering from" get home itis" you continue under the haze hoping to make it home. Lol. Just another scenario?

I Have know idea what he/ she was thinking or what caused a pilot to do such a silly thing so I reserve my opinion ,the above is mearly tongue in Cheak and maybe a bit of 074_stirrer.gif.5dad7b21c959cf11ea13e4267b2e9bc0.gif .. Maybe he dropped something and was having a good look for it? His brain maybe?lol

You sure it wasn't,the inspector checking up on your progress?lol work.gif.8d9e6d8ba9cdbd13b3ec052de09a1de4.gif080_plane.gif.36548049f8f1bc4c332462aa4f981ffb.gif

• Helpful 1

I saw some thing like that at Clifton once someone took off in a Quicksilver from a flyin and flew away at zero height climbing to miss fences, clear sky no good reason for it, just flaunting the rules. Sounds like fun but when the inevitable splat comes it will be those dangerous ultralights that get the blame.

\You sure it wasn't,the inspector checking up on your progress?lol work.gif.8d9e6d8ba9cdbd13b3ec052de09a1de4.gif080_plane.gif.36548049f8f1bc4c332462aa4f981ffb.gif

One of my friends was flying along the local creeks at 500'agl looking for promising fishing holes, shortly after, all the fishing locals were convinced that the fisheries people were using ultralights to catch fishing illegally.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Informative 1