Does anybody fly a Walkera QR X350 Quad Copter?

Teckair

These sort of stories lack credibility to me that could have been a bird or just made up. Unless the drone was large you would not even see it. I think stories of passenger jets sighting drones is BS and just trying to build a case to have them banned.

a drone would do less damage to an aircraft, as its a lot less dense than a bird.. most consumer grade drones are nothing but a circuit board, in a plastic housing, 4 small engines the size of a pile of a few coins stacked up, and a battery, the battery being 90% of its weight. and the battery density is no more than the muscle density of a bird..

I guess I thought a drone that is at 2500ft would be more substantial than that.

I was thinking it would have been aircraft style drone not a quadcopter for it to be visible to a pilot.

But I am often wrong.

I know any of my RC aircraft that could cruise at 2500ft would make a mess.

a drone would do less damage to an aircraft, as its a lot less dense than a bird.. most consumer grade drones are nothing but a circuit board, in a plastic housing, 4 small engines the size of a pile of a few coins stacked up, and a battery, the battery being 90% of its weight. and the battery density is no more than the muscle density of a bird..

Something like a DJI Phantom could weigh nearly 2 kgs and do heaps of damage, what sort of bird are you thinking of a Pelican?