Single-engine plane crashes at Moorabbin Airport

A small plane has crashed at Moorabbin Airport, leaving two people with..."We're covering it with foam, because there has been a significant fuel leak from the plane," she said,. Ambulance Victoria spokesman Paul Bentley said the two people did not suffer any serious injuries in the crash.

Any news?

From ABC News

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2014-02-18/small-plane-crashes-at-melbourne-airport/5266868

With a photo of VH - RXM a C 150

A pilot and a student pilot have escaped injury after their single-engine Cessna crashed on take-off at Moorabbin Airport in Melbourne's south-eastern suburbs.

The instructor took over the plane after it got into trouble after taking off around 11:15am (AEDT).

Commander Marcus Baker of the Metropolitan Fire Brigade (MFB) says the plane crashed into the grassed area in the centre of the airfield.

"It's come down on the runway and then perhaps bounced off and ended up breaking off one of the wheels," he said.

"The front end is heavily damaged, the prop, motor area.

"It's tipped both wings on the ground so they're badly damaged as well."

He says it does not appear as though anyone was injured.

"I think they've done very well for themselves considering the damage to the front of the plane," Commander Baker said.

Fire crews laid down a blanket of foam on and around the plane which was leaking fuel.

Flights have resumed but planes are not using the centre runway where the crash happened.

Everything(almost) can be repaired. If this was a fully compliant no corrosion airframe it might be worth it. Also if done by a qualified enthusiast it is possible. A really good 152/150 is still a very useable aeroplane although we must be getting bigger They don't seem wide enough anymore. Nev

Does anyone actually know what happened?

1. ABC "

A pilot and a student pilot have escaped injury after their single-engine Cessna crashed on take-off

2.The Age "

The single-engine aircraft crashed when landing on the centre runway, Ms Stockton said

Does anyone actually know what happened?1. ABC "

A pilot and a student pilot have escaped injury after their single-engine Cessna crashed on take-off

2.The Age "

The single-engine aircraft crashed when landing on the centre runway, Ms Stockton said

That's nearly the same thing, isn't it?

• Like 1

................. the plane swooped and hit a large airpocket - the engine subsequently stalled, the occupants exited the plane and a controlled crash landing was initiated - it was badly damaged but doctors at the hospital said they would be OK.

The plane was badly beaten but an eyewitness said the plane is now parked by a repair shop. Foam was used in the incident and the repair shop said this damage was superficial and caused minor damage

• Haha 2

Airpockets don't exist. Nev

sheeesh Nev, I'll send you a load of the ones i've collected !........I find them when I look for whateverI put in them 5 minutes ago. 006_laugh.gif.0f7b82c13a0ec29502c5fb56c616f069.gif

• Like 1

"the plane swooped and hit a large air pocket - the engine subsequently stalled" - Was that actually reported??? Hells bells, how would the clowns know that. As for air pockets not existing, then what are they that I have flown into that suddenly causes everything in the cockpit to stick to the roof for a second or so while my kidneys are smashed into my pelvis?

Nature abhors a vacuum too. If you are flying along and your head hits the roof because the seat belt is not tight enough, it is usually because you have encountered a down draught as distinct from an up draught which might be underneath a cumuliform cloud, or rising from something hot, "thermal" You can get rotors too associated with frontal activity where "turbulence " is severe. The air you fly in is a dynamic thing that moves. Nev