spitfire or mustang?

huggy98

Two mustangs strapped together (Twin Mustang) would really have been the two planes with one pilot. Howard Hughes produced some nice looking aircraft (not the Spruce Goose but the racers and a twin engine machine that looks like a Lockheed Lightning with contraprops). The Lockheed Constellation is a graceful looking aircraft. Nev

• Informative 1

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[ATTACH=full]27375[/ATTACH] [ATTACH=full]27376[/ATTACH] Neither plane makes me go gaga...F15C is best (looking) fighter and best looking (and performing) is the polen special[ATTACH=full]27375[/ATTACH]

I think that the SU-27 has some nice lines for a jet....and is certainly much nicer looking than most Russian aircraft.

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQk5dvXlA9O62nMgLYPJgPzwXKKskGFuRk-IjleXYuXYFySc0Z7Ow

• Like 1
  • Agree 3

I think that the SU-27 has some nice lines for a jet....and is certainly much nicer looking than most Russian aircraft.images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQk5dvXlA9O62nMgLYPJgPzwXKKskGFuRk-IjleXYuXYFySc0Z7Ow

It's better looking than most other country's jets too. Plus more manoeuvrable and probably a hell of a lot cheaper than the F-15. I know it may p*ss off our US allies a bit, but I've often thought Australia should consider frontline fighter/attack aircraft from countries apart from the US. (Yes I know we had Mirages in the past).

• Agree 1

We couldn't get fighters from other than the USA. Have to suck up to Uncle Sam, no matter what there is out there which is much better.

We could have opted in for the Eurofighter, we currently have Eurocopter (now Airbus Helicopter), ARH Tigers, and MRH 90's.

The new Air 9000 helicopter training, has recently been announced, with Boeing being the contractor using the EC135 from Eurocopter.

We could have opted in for the Eurofighter, we currently have Eurocopter (now Airbus Helicopter), ARH Tigers, and MRH 90's.The new Air 9000 helicopter training, has recently been announced, with Boeing being the contractor using the EC135 from Eurocopter.

Opting in for the Eurofighter would not have been a good idea. It's ended up costing Great Britain 37 billion pounds (that's a bit over AUD 68.5 billion at today's exchange) for which they ended up with 160 aircraft. That works out to about 429 million bucks per plane, which to my mind is a bit expensive.

I don't know how much the SU-27 originally sold for, but at the moment there's 2 for sale (airframe 600 hours, engines 12 hours) at the measly price of $6 million each. http://whatthewhonow.com/2009/08/28/su-27-aircraft-for-sale/

The final comment was that he could never understand why they had frosted glass in the toilet windows. At 65,000 ft, who cares if people get a quick flash at mach 2 plus.

It was the ladies idea because some wanted to join the Ten Mile High Club but their partner's performance dropped off because they just wanted to keep looking at the view out of the window. 096_tongue_in_cheek.gif.d94cd15a1277d7bcd941bb5f4b93139c.gif

Alan.

Going to have to take you to task on the "not manouverable" part. Below 5000 feet the Boomer was able to out manouvre just about anything. It just was not fast enough and as it gained height it rapidly ran out of puff.I have been doing alot of research into the Boomerang lately as this is my latest modelling project. It is 1/4 scale and that bench it is sitting on is actually 2 standard household doors. In the process of my research I have managed to make contact with a Boomerang pilot from WWII and a guy in Melbourne who is doing a static restoration on one.

[ATTACH=full]27369[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=full]27370[/ATTACH]

Did make your own plug and molds ...mick?

Did make your own plug and molds ...mick?

Hi Mark,

I will soon get around to posting some info on the Boomerang project in the model section of this forum rather than hijack this thread.

Cheers

One of my favourite war bird pictures, Lefty Gardner out making noise!

Great photo of Lefty & "White Lightning" in action.

I remember reading an interview by an aviation magazine reporter with Lefty that went something like this -

Reporter - "Lefty is it true that you once landed after a heat at Reno with some bush caught on your wingtip?"

Lefty - "Yeah, but I was not that low. The bush was at least 10 or 12 feet high." 059_whistling.gif.a3aa33bf4e30705b1ad8038eaab5a8f6.gif

"White Lightning has been fully restored and now flies in Europe with the Red Bull collection. Gotta love that polished finish.

41335.jpg.2e60d6894e0c0eb174f2e5ab9caac58a.jpg

You blokes have got it all wrong. Some of those fuel-guzzlers are indeed beautiful to behold, but the prize for lethal simplicity, beauty and incredible range is surely this one; once flown for 12 hours and five minutes without refuelling.

Try doing that in any of the others.

image.jpg.bb73d043484ce73454e6477d89b4146f.jpg

• Agree 1

I also happen to like the Sabre and MIG range with a great whopping hole up front - how simple can you get, take an jet engine and strap everything onto it to make it fly!

One of the things I love about China is all their public displays are hands on, want to jump up and down on MIG, guns or tanks, go for you life.....

and the all guns are still there and very real!

I'm sure some have put themselves in hospital falling off these things and kids lose the occasional digits in the mechanisms - they'll learn and be more careful next time!

• Like 2

I also happen to like the Sabre and MIG range with a great whopping hole up front - how simple can you get, take an jet engine and strap everything onto it to make it fly!

One of the things I love about China is all their public displays are hands on, want to jump up and down on MIG, guns or tanks, go for you life.....

!

Love the Sabre, but Migs almost always look like something a kid made at kindy out of old toilet roll tubes.

You blokes have got it all wrong. Some of those fuel-guzzlers are indeed beautiful to behold, but the prize for lethal simplicity, beauty and incredible range is surely this one; once flown for 12 hours and five minutes without refuelling.Try doing that in any of the others.

[ATTACH=full]27385[/ATTACH]

Unfortunately those attributes came at a cost. Lack of fire power and amour. Especially the fuel tanks.

But was still one of my favourites on the Microsoft's Combat Flight Simulator in the good old days......

Very hard to out maneuver and get in behind.............