Malaysian Airlines MH370

This is a weird one. No mayday call to me says that a catastrophic failure with in flight breakup is a real possibility. Yet that would surely lead to debris spread over a wide area. Yet no debris has been found other than an oil slick. Very strange. Deepest condolences to all affected.

• Agree 1

• Replies 825
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

not speculating as to cause, but agree it had to be catastrophic for no indication from anyone... hell, even if the cockpit did explode, surely in the last couple of thousand feet, someone's cell phone would have gotten a signal... or something??

My bet's on dangerous goods.. usually the terrorist scum are a lot quicker to take credit. OK so i speculated.

Agree with Bluey and all who have expressed condolences to all involved.

• Agree 1

Pretty scary in this day and age that the thing hasn't been located as yet, you would think if it had a inflight break up there would be plenty of debris floating on the ocean, that stretch of water isn't that big, maybe it has gone in on land in a jungle, very strange

• Agree 5

Here is some speculation. Catastrophic communications system failure of all 3 redundant systems followed by de-icing systems & slow decompression. Passengers all slowly lose consciousness before the oxygen masks drop. Pitots & statics freeze up. Air France (Atlantic) situation appears as A/C is in full stall at full power, goes in without breaking up & sinks to the bottom in one piece.

This is just as plausible as terrorism with no-one claiming responsibility.

Really though I think it will be some time before we find out anything given that they have so far been unable to locate anything.

• Agree 1
  • Caution 1

In this modern era with technology we have today, it is amazing how they haven't found any thing. They know the last recorded position on the radar before it disappeared, they know how fast it was going, what height and heading it was at the time of the disappearance. Black boxes send out a homing signal for about 30 days. Black boxes are pretty much bomb proof and crash proof.

It is like it disappeared of the face of the earth.

• Agree 2

well considering i wouldnt go after an islamic countries aircraft if i was islamic,it wouldnt help my cause,plus a modern a/c like the 777-200er going down without a trace even if it hit the ocean there would have to b a breakup surely.mid air explosion or breakup of the a/c i think i would be to busy screaming to look for a signal on my phone ,which would be turned off anyway,full system meltdown possible i suppose i certainly do not hav the knowledge to answer that 1 maybe the users on this forum could giv us an indication on the likelihood?.explosives on board again those who work in the industry could answer how stringent would the security be to slip explosives on board especially in malaysia unless there was a diplomatic bag taken on board or would this still be searched anyway.hijacking could they get into the cockpit"open up or we kill the little girl in the aisle seat"possible i suppose ,but then where to and wouldnt we have heard by now.or mayb they turned back and went down in mountainous area.also even if decompression, wouldnt aircraft be on autopilot and still flying etc ? so it is very strange for this to happen

The Malaysian government is feeding the press with so much speculation that there seem to be new developments every hour, all of which are discredited later on by another source. I would avoid jumping to conclusions until the wreckage is found and investigators can develop some legitimate theories.

The fact of the matter is, that like Air France, what's left of the aircraft may not be recovered for a long time, and the cause of the crash may be quite simplistic.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

hopefully the water depth will assist in the recovery whereas the air france was a pain due to water depth if things r bad all we can hope for is to discover what went wrong and hopefully prevent it from happening again ,if it was a terrorist action,which terrorists usually claim quickly, then other actions will have hav to b considered to stop it happening again

• Caution 1

The wheels float; the seat cushions float. Very curious there's no debris . . .

Lots of things have buoyancy but if they are attached to or trapped by the heavier things they will be at the bottom with all the rest. It seems inconceivable though, that the A/C could go down in one piece & if it went down over land the population density in the area would make it almost impossible for no-one to notice. This sure is a major mystery.

Guest Maj Millard

I feel the fact that mobiles are ringing indicate the wreckage is on land somewhere. Not inconcievable at all to believe that some phones of the approx 230 on board, could survive even a high speed impact . Should they be under water however, even if they were floating, much less chance of receiving a signal.

The phones themselves may not be ringing at all. The senders may just be getting the 'trying to connect' ring..............Maj....

Give Scully and Mulder a call. (X-Files)

Did that -answer is (drumroll) Last seen at Palau Perak WEST of Penang in the North exit of the Malacca Strait at 0240 - Rodzali Daud RMAF

Presumably the Orions called first hence their activities

Hijacking? - where could it possibly fly that it wouldn't be noticed in the most densly populated regions of the world 500 feet overhead (out of radar).

No, sadly there is no alternate than it's crashed.

What a F*&k up. How much money and time has been spent searching in the wrong area. This information should have been available within the first few hours. I think a few of the neighboring countries might be a bit pissed about wasting resources.

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2014-03-12/malaysia-military-tracked-missing-plane-to-west/5314212

There have been reports of the flight flying at 500mt...there are some weird things going on with this aircraft... maybe there is some hope, they could be on some remote island..

David

• Agree 1
  • Caution 2

In an attempted hijacking, or if the PIC had lost the plot and decided to crash the plane somewhere he wouldn't be easily found, you might expect that someone on board would have made a phone call to report something unusual happening. Barring sudden and catastrophic failure, which doesn't seem that likely from the reported course change, the apparent loss of all communication in this day and age is certainly puzzling.

rgmwa

Something suss gone on but until or if it is ever found we may never know, if all reports of the heading change and altitude are correct it could be anywhere, might be a big plane on the ground but it is miniature in a vast ocean, and the question is which ocean is it in.

This may turn into a famous mystery never to be solved.

Alf

• Agree 1