Natfly 2014

metalman

• Replies 275
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nope, not going, would have gone but getting married (bride to be may not see the funny side of delaying the wedding so I can go again.)

She got the tie downs on you already 008_roflmao.gif.692a1fa1bc264885482c2a384583e343.gif

H

• Like 3
  • Agree 1
  • Haha 5

Nope, not going, would have gone but getting married (bride to be may not see the funny side of delaying the wedding so I can go again.)

I made that mistake already....when my squadron deployed to the Philipines, I didn't go as I was getting married, turns out I should have gone to the Philipines. Would have saved a lot of trouble in the long run.

Bear in mind that was a couple of wives ago.

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

• 3 weeks later...

why would you let CASA's attendance put you off? There was a check list in our publication just tick 0ff the requirements. Really, not scary at all. If I forget something or get something wrong I'm sure they wont hang me (not right away)...The weather's going to be great...............

• Agree 3

Not going. Too many disappointments in a row. Although in saying that I received my program in the magazine and if what they are spruiking actually comes to fruition, it should be a pearler. Until its proven, im not wasting anymore money going.

Scotty

Im heading down, departing Tamworth 0700 Friday returning that afternoon, weather looks to be great on Friday

What are you doing up in tamworth dead stick? Be careful flying over home on your way 080_plane.gif.36548049f8f1bc4c332462aa4f981ffb.gif I won't be going this year but with a bit of luck ill still get to go for a fly:thumb up:

Ps those that are going please be sure to take plenty of pics/vids to share with those of us that are less fortunate:high 5:

Im heading down, departing Tamworth 0700 Friday returning that afternoon, weather looks to be great on Friday

Last we spoke you mentioned you were coming to Tamworth. Are you out at the BFTS?

Scotty

Im not a RAA member but if I can get an excuse to get off work & go to a Flyin who ever is running it Im there. The only thing that will stop me flying is the weather. (then I'll drive)

• Like 2

Geoffreywh - In answer to your question I'm not afraid of them, it's just the fact that they feel they need to be there. It seems to me they've been far too heavy handed where RAA is concerned. Slowly but surely they are imposing themselves more and more on us as GA numbers dwindle. Got to have someone to bully.

• Agree 3

Geoffreywh - In answer to your question I'm not afraid of them, it's just the fact that they feel they need to be there. It seems to me they've been far too heavy handed where RAA is concerned. Slowly but surely they are imposing themselves more and more on us as GA numbers dwindle. Got to have someone to bully.

We're a soft target. Laurie

Rather a sweeping statement and a bit of an insult! I'm not sure if CASA is there with a budget to fill.

I can understand the angst if you are rushing to the loo after a long flight.

I am driving so I will be at the mercy of NSW's finest for about 10 hours. A ramp check as opposed to a speed check would be a pleasure.

Rather a sweeping statement and a bit of an insult! I'm not sure if CASA is there with a budget to fill.I can understand the angst if you are rushing to the loo after a long flight.

I am driving so I will be at the mercy of NSW's finest for about 10 hours. A ramp check as opposed to a speed check would be a pleasure.

Are you sure? Who says you have to speed? Give me as many speed checks as you like. There are too many variables with a ramp check including the experience of the enforcers.

• Haha 1

Casa would not recruit so many ex RAA staff unless they had an agenda, when I spoke with a GA instructor the other day he was bragging how Casa is going to sort RAA out. We need to get them off our back and show we are responsible and carefull without them interfering or we will be sunk like GA and they will take over.

• Like 2