hi all

I started learning to fly GA a/c back in 2005. Kids came along and stopped in 2006. Now kids older started flying again but recreation a/c. Just got rpc recently and loving it. I find this forum very interesting and informative. Thank you all for sharing your knowledge.

• Like 1

Welcome Highwing, could I have a guess and say that you fly a Jabiru???Alan.

Your guess is correct. I find the j160c good to fly and rental cost very reasonable compared to GA a/c. I will try the j230 soon.

Hi Highwing,Welcome to the forums. Tell us a bit

Hi Highwing,Welcome to the forums. Tell us a bit more about yourself - what plane you fly etc...

Cheers

Neil

you fly etc...

Cheers

Neil

I fly the j160 and find it a good a/c. I fly out from YBLT. I hope to own a jab but not sure j160 or j230. Maintenance cost

Hi Highwing,Welcome to the forums. Tell us a bit more about yourself - what plane you fly etc...

Cheers

Neil

G'day Highwing, welcome to the flying fraternity. Are you learning with Outbound or the Aero club.

inbound

My tip is "Forget the Mogas ". It's too easy to get a bad batch of fuel using Mogas which is responsible for pre ignition/ detonation which is harmful for all engines. On another thread here another owner quoted $135hr. This included absolutely everything ie running cost, maintenance, (all performed by L2), insurance, finance, and I think hangarage etc. My experience has been that it is less than $135 an hour although I my not have incurred the same costs. (finance or hangarage etc). At the end of the day you only live once and if it doesn't impact on those near and dear to you go for it. There is nothing like being able to get in your own aircraft whenever you want and go flying.

My tip is "Forget the Mogas ". It's too easy to get a bad batch of fuel using Mogas which is responsible for pre ignition/ detonation which is harmful for all engines. On another thread here another owner quoted $135hr. This included absolutely everything ie running cost, maintenance, (all performed by L2), insurance, finance, and I think hangarage etc. My experience has been that it is less than $135 an hour although I my not have incurred the same costs. (finance or hangarage etc). At the end of the day you only live once and if it doesn't impact on those near and dear to you go for it. There is nothing like being able to get in your own aircraft whenever you want and go flying.

Thanks and i agree, i can see the advantage and freedom of ownership. From my estimates fixed costs are $3700 (hangarage + insurance) and operating cost $79/hr using avgas. The uncertainty is the insurance. I was quoted $1500 + 10% stamp duty to insure j230 for $70,000. That appears low compared to what i have heard from others. What do you think of my estimates above and the insurance cost quoted?

Your estimates seem around the mark however your insurance quote seems on the light side. Good luck with it all. If you'd like a fly in a J230 PM me with some contact details and I'll see what I can do.

t: 425603, member: 3515"]Your estimates seem around the mark however your insurance quote seems on the light side. Good luck with it all. If you'd like a fly in a J230 PM me with some contact details and I'll see what I can do.

Thanks and i was fortunate

Your estimates seem around the mark however your insurance quote seems on the light side. Good luck with it all. If you'd like a fly in a J230 PM me with some contact details and I'll see what I can do.

Thanks for offer and comment. I was fortunate enough to be offered a ride in a j230 today. Nice a/c, powerful, stable and sounds excellent. I can see why people like it. It looked really easy to land. One thing i noticed is the cabin is smaller than the j160. I can see good points in both jabs. Therefore, which i should buy is a hard decision. Jab did a great job on both designs.