RAAus - Still a debacle

Stearman

Please, fellow posters - can you try to present your ideas and comments is shorter sentences. Start with a capital letter, and finish with a full stop. It will be much easier for we memory challenged oldies to grasp your concepts and respond more specifically.

Thanks in advance. happy days,

• Like 1
  • Agree 5
  • Helpful 1
  • Caution 1

• Replies 185
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sorry my grammer did not meet your much higher standard Poteroo, at the time of writing i felt frustrated and cheated as on the 24th July i also got a final notice that my Rego was overdue. So my opinion of RAA in one word. INCOMPETENT.

I am certain Potts is not being critical in a negative sense. He is simply asking as am, I that we all attempt to proof read our posts to ascertain to the best of our ability that it can be understood. I am sure we all want to be understood don't we?

• Agree 1
  • Informative 1

Thanks tornado, i feel completely chastised, and very much out of my depth with such smart people. Incidently the date was also wrong, should have been June not July, dont know how you missed that? on the bright side, i have learned something, some people on this forum were more interested in my english and spelling, and no interest at all in the problem with RAA. So i won't trouble you again !

Thanks tornado, i feel completely chastised, and very much out of my depth with such smart people. Incidently the date was also wrong, should have been June not July, dont know how you missed that? on the bright side, i have learned something, some people on this forum were more interested in my english and spelling, and no interest at all in the problem with RAA. So i won't trouble you again !

Well please do trouble us Irish, your contributions are as valuable as anyone else's.

• Like 1

I am certain Potts is not being critical in a negative sense. He is simply asking as am, I that we all attempt to proof read our posts to ascertain to the best of our ability that it can be understood. I am sure we all want to be understood don't we?

David did you proof read yours, try again.

• Haha 1

Has anybody received reliable information in recent days that there are suggestions circulating within the Business Aviation community that a new recreational aviation organisation should be formed & commenced so as to obtain a new AOC from CASA ........

John

The scuttlebutt that I hear is that this push is being at-least partly run by an ex-RAA Board Member whose family have traditionally been very close with the family of one of the leading players in the recreational sandbox at the CASA.

IF, repeat IF, there is any substance to that scuttlebutt then it is a disgrace and may even possibly be part of an attempt to destabilise the existing organisation.

Also IF, repeat IF, there is any substance to that scuttlebutt, this appears to be part of an ongoing cesspit underbelly of self-serving recreational aviation politics that continues to spill over from the bad old days prior to and around the EGM early last year.

Regards Geoff

David did you proof read yours, try again.

Keep on to them about their ""English""..

You are correct, feels like an old high school English lesson at times.. I am waiting for the science and maths lessons.

I enjoy your comments, do not give up..

Regards

Keith Page.

Guest Andys@coffs

Keith

Go answer my email to you regarding RAAus insurance....hopefully that doesn't come across too like a maths lesson...or indeed an egg sucking lesson either!

Andy

It is a poor statement of a persons ambition/Ego when all they can do is to try to point scoreby knocking some one for the usage of grammer or spelling.

These are obviously the people who have so little confidence in their own abilities that all they can do in order to cling to some feeling of self worth is to find fault with such trivial distinctions and who care not for the point being made provided that they get the chance to appear to themselves 'Intelligent'. Oh dear me I hope I got all the spelling and grammer correct

• Agree 1

It is a poor statement of a persons ambition/Ego when all they can do is to try to point scoreby knocking some one for the usage of grammer or spelling.These are obviously the people who have so little confidence in their own abilities that all they can do in order to cling to some feeling of self worth is to find fault with such trivial distinctions and who care not for the point being made provided that they get the chance to appear to themselves 'Intelligent'. Oh dear me I hope I got all the spelling and grammer correct

I'm afraid not, see post #54.

Ho

It is a poor statement of a persons ambition/Ego when all they can do is to try to point scoreby knocking some one for the usage of grammer or spelling.These are obviously the people who have so little confidence in their own abilities that all they can do in order to cling to some feeling of self worth is to find fault with such trivial distinctions and who care not for the point being made provided that they get the chance to appear to themselves 'Intelligent'. Oh dear me I hope I got all the spelling and grammer correct

Howmanytimeshaveitoldyoutouseafullstopattheendofaparragraph.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

I phoned RAAus last week regarding the delay in my re registration. The rego has now been expired 12 days but "hopefully" (how I hate that expression), it will be re registered this week.

I was also told that the staff spend half their day answering phone calls regarding delays, which further adds to the delay. A case of inefficiency breeding inefficiency.

Some interesting figures relating to the annual fixed costs of leaving a plane in the hangar.

Insurance $1,600 Basing fees $1,300 Interest ($80,000 x 7%) $5,600 Charts etc $200 Pilot cert, BFR, ASIC $500 Hangar rent $2,600 Total $11,800 per year

This equates to $227 per week or a cost to me of $454 for a two week delay in re registration.

It is ridiculous to be out of pocket $454 for registration costing $130.

The figures get worse when you multiply the cost by the total number of registrations.

If there are 3,500 registrations held up by 2 weeks each, then at a cost of $454 each, the total cost to members is a staggering $1,589,000

Here is one possible solution.

Give members the choice of paying $130 registration fee and it will be done in due course (6 weeks).

However, by paying a further $50 "good service" levy, re registration could be guaranteed to be done in a week. This money would effectively go to paying for an additional staff member, who at say $50,000 per year, would only have to process 4 registrations per day. Let's say that only one third of members take it up.

Because this new staff member is processing close to 1,000 registrations, the workload on the existing staff has been eased by nearly one third.

With only two thirds of their work to be done, processing times should also be reduced by one third, from six weeks to four.

All of a sudden there is no delay for anyone, and members save $1.6 million for the voluntary outlay of $50,000.

Of course, anyone not willing to pay the extra $50 would not be able to complain about the registration delays.

• Agree 1
  • Haha 1

I read in a thread a day or two back that when they were late processing the new rego was going from the date processed not the date expired so that's a start, doesn't help those who have already been and done but it's a step in the right direction.

Two yearly rego is sounding good.

There was also an explanation of this current delay elsewhere and I don't remember exactly but don't think it was something an extra person would fix.

I can understand the frustration but it is what it is and hopefully things will only get better

Gees ...

I phoned RAAus last week regarding the delay in my re registration. The rego has now been expired 12 days but "hopefully" (how I hate that expression), it will be re registered this week.I was also told that the staff spend half their day answering phone calls regarding delays, which further adds to the delay. A case of inefficiency breeding inefficiency.

Some interesting figures relating to the annual fixed costs of leaving a plane in the hangar.

Insurance $1,600 Basing fees $1,300 Interest ($80,000 x 7%) $5,600 Charts etc $200 Pilot cert, BFR, ASIC $500 Hangar rent $2,600 Total $11,800 per year

This equates to $227 per week or a cost to me of $454 for a two week delay in re registration.

It is ridiculous to be out of pocket $454 for registration costing $130.

The figures get worse when you multiply the cost by the total number of registrations.

If there are 3,500 registrations held up by 2 weeks each, then at a cost of $454 each, the total cost to members is a staggering $1,589,000

Here is one possible solution.

Give members the choice of paying $130 registration fee and it will be done in due course (6 weeks).

However, by paying a further $50 "good service" levy, re registration could be guaranteed to be done in a week. This money would effectively go to paying for an additional staff member, who at say $50,000 per year, would only have to process 4 registrations per day. Let's say that only one third of members take it up.

Because this new staff member is processing close to 1,000 registrations, the workload on the existing staff has been eased by nearly one third.

With only two thirds of their work to be done, processing times should also be reduced by one third, from six weeks to four.

All of a sudden there is no delay for anyone, and members save $1.6 million for the voluntary outlay of $50,000.

Of course, anyone not willing to pay the extra $50 would not be able to complain about the registration delays.

Gees..... Your worse than my wife ...

Blo...y bean counters!

• Haha 1

Or perhaps you could pay your registration 2 to 3 weeks earlier before it was due and hey presto no delay.

You've either been smoking some good stuff or you have one hell of a sense of humour. We forumites could fill your lounge room with stories of registration delays - none of which were alleviated by sending in all required data and full payment weeks prior to the expiration date. You are 'spot on' in your suggestions/expectations though and we all live in hope of better things to come. cheers Riley

• Like 1
  • Agree 1