RAAus - Still a debacle

Stearman

To the members who were not tryiing to to impress me with their education. Please read. I sent a letter of complaint to Raa, saying that i should have a full twelve months registration, as the fault was with them, not me. Reply received this morning. A new card is being sent with full rego from the day it was processed. Incidently they appear to have understood my complaint as they did not pick any mistakes in my email. !!!!!

• Like 4

• Replies 185
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Stoney, how about splitting the difference with the RAA pay another $454 and they meet their contractual obligations to you?

I phoned RAAus last week regarding the delay in my re registration. The rego has now been expired 12 days but "hopefully" (how I hate that expression), it will be re registered this week.I was also told that the staff spend half their day answering phone calls regarding delays, which further adds to the delay. A case of inefficiency breeding inefficiency.

Some interesting figures relating to the annual fixed costs of leaving a plane in the hangar.

Insurance $1,600 Basing fees $1,300 Interest ($80,000 x 7%) $5,600 Charts etc $200 Pilot cert, BFR, ASIC $500 Hangar rent $2,600 Total $11,800 per year

This equates to $227 per week or a cost to me of $454 for a two week delay in re registration.

It is ridiculous to be out of pocket $454 for registration costing $130.

The figures get worse when you multiply the cost by the total number of registrations.

If there are 3,500 registrations held up by 2 weeks each, then at a cost of $454 each, the total cost to members is a staggering $1,589,000

Here is one possible solution.

Give members the choice of paying $130 registration fee and it will be done in due course (6 weeks).

However, by paying a further $50 "good service" levy, re registration could be guaranteed to be done in a week. This money would effectively go to paying for an additional staff member, who at say $50,000 per year, would only have to process 4 registrations per day. Let's say that only one third of members take it up.

Because this new staff member is processing close to 1,000 registrations, the workload on the existing staff has been eased by nearly one third.

With only two thirds of their work to be done, processing times should also be reduced by one third, from six weeks to four.

All of a sudden there is no delay for anyone, and members save $1.6 million for the voluntary outlay of $50,000.

Of course, anyone not willing to pay the extra $50 would not be able to complain about the registration delays.

Thanks tornado, i feel completely chastised, and very much out of my depth with such smart people. Incidently the date was also wrong, should have been June not July, dont know how you missed that? on the bright side, i have learned something, some people on this forum were more interested in my english and spelling, and no interest at all in the problem with RAA. So i won't trouble you again !

Spare us the victim roleplay! It was a courteous, logical and simple request on my part. I'm concerned that you've chosen to dummy-spit over such a trivial matter.

happy days,

• Agree 1

Guest john

Concerning the delays that RAA have been responsible for regarding the late processing of registration renewals, & not extending the date of next registration to the date when it was eventually processed, a suggestion that should be considered by the Board is one that is similar for late payments of registrations for vehicles in sunny Queensland, whereby a financial penalty of say $50.00 should be paid by RAA to the registered holder forthwith.

This proposed monetry penalty may get RAA staff from sitting on their hands with respect to this issue, or it may have no effect at all because it is really the members money that they would be paying. If the Board or staff members who are personally responsible for the delays, then that person should have the money deducted from their pay packet so that the Treasurer can use those funds to send to the penalised member.016_ecstatic.gif.156a811a440b493b0c2bea54e43be5cc.gif

Guest john
Would the staff really care if the kitty was returned to the members fifty buck s a pop, not like it is coming out of their paycheck, nor it should.

For those affected members that have been penalised due to delayed renewals, they would be appreciative of your alternate method of dealing with this ongoing debacle issue, so that it can't happen again .

OK, lodged electronically via Pulse (RAA confirmed received 4/6) rego expired 18/6 19 days ago, guess I have to ring tomorrow to follow up which unfortunatly will take up someones time which will add to the processing time of everyone else's rego, but it appears from previous posts that the squeaky wheel gets the oil.

So what happened to all the new forms that were designed about 18 months ago, by me and Dean (when I got sacked) that resolved all the issues the members are now having. they like wasting time and resources and stopping people flying.

• Informative 2

And it doesn't hurt to go a bit easy on the employees down there I doubt very much that they are 'sitting on their hands' if things are going slow it would be more likely that their hands are tied. To blame it all on employees and to say an extra person would fix it IMO seems like hogswash as I am sure there is more than one person who would be happy to help out to sort a backlog, remember on top of all this that they are digitising the records at the same time so next time will be better.

Ps I didn't read any posts on this page before I posted, so probably seems out of context, apologies for that.

So what happened to all the new forms that were designed about 18 months ago, by me and Dean (when I got sacked) that resolved all the issues the members are now having. they like wasting time and resources and stopping people flying.

Egos.....

• Like 2

Good to hear from you Adam; what has happened probably says a lot about the people who thought they could do better than you.

What has not been said yet is how many people actually stopped flying when the rego was waiting to be renewed. I would think that it was very, very few!!

Yeah,was thinking this was a very obedient bunch of Aussies here. Once I have submitted the necessary paperwork and payment for a job (any job) I cross it off my list and move on to the next task. Not that I own an RAA aircraft of course...

OK, lodged electronically via Pulse (RAA confirmed received 4/6) rego expired 18/6 19 days ago, guess I have to ring tomorrow to follow up which unfortunatly will take up someones time which will add to the processing time of everyone else's rego, but it appears from previous posts that the squeaky wheel gets the oil.

Received email with renewed rego 11/07, 37 days from lodgement. RAA advise due date next year will be altered to 11/07/2015.

• Like 1

Why is nobody blaming CASA and the incompetence of previous "drunken" senior management for these delays. I know we need to get this thing sorted but it doesn't help when we tended to employ self serving d..heads and then throw money at their incompetence. The recent people seem to be doing a great job given that they inherited a mess of paperwork and politics from the earlier crowd. I know the office staff area working like Trojans but it doesn't help when the goal posts were moved every other week for a while. How many of the previous management have used this organisation as a stepping stone to employment with big brother, or come from big brother with other agendas. I see lots of winging and some attempts at help but only a small number actually making sense with this subject. If I ran a business like this mob have done in then past then I would have wound up in the bankruptcy court very quickly. Lets get rid of the egos and self serving agendas (this is a recreational organisation after all).

• Like 1
  • Agree 2

94 Grange, no way .........I'd be drinking that myself,

However....I too got the run around, rego eventually expired, mails to and fro, got slightly agro when 3 weeks expired rego, still flew, bugger em, then rego arrived.

I do intend submitting next rego 6 weeks in advance, let's see how that goes.

Week or 2 back, I got my license renewal paperwork......full of incorrect data, unreal, wrote correct info over their data, let's see how that goes.

The gyro folks have a great system to keep your details up to date, you log into "your" account, update whatever, and management at any time hook into it, and access info as needed. Messages requiring your attention are lodged there as well, so you read, and action as needed. If "you" fail to read, update, etc, well just blame yourself, not admin, easy as. Actually they have a pretty slick operation.

The ones who can't read should not have qualified for a Certificate FT, anyone who has a land line in Australia has access to the internet, and the other three probably would not have an interest in flying. Time moves on.

• Agree 1

Guest Andys@coffs

Turbo I think you might have missed the sarcasm in FT's post.....he's only repeating a claim that was often made in the past. ... Well at least the first one, not sure anyone claimed they couldn't read..... But we have all said how is it possible to meet the CASA requirements for briefings etc before flight if you can't go online?

Andy

What about the RAA pilots that don't have internet access and can't read? Its a bit unfair on both of them to be forced to use the internet.

Tuff.....get onboard, or get left behind. It's 2014 now, 1956 was prehistoric times.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

If you ever sit down and calculate how much money its costing the RAA holding onto the old paper and fax based system. I reckon an online self serve system would

save the expense 2-3 staff. that's what about $200K a year and would cut down the amount of errors going through the system.

It's weird that an organization as big as the RAA hasn't embraced such a big saving

• Agree 5