Wellcamp

Yenn

• Replies 958
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I asked Ben Lyon, the guy who runs TSBE, how he makes money as a lobbyist. Know I know, return business from BNE to Shanghai is less than $2500, 5 star hotels from $100 a day. That's a sweet margin

• Like 1

Cheap insurance to avoid the middle aged guy with big mouth the tin foil hat and the ill fitting donkey onesie in economy class.

Hollow vessels and all that...

• 4 weeks later...

Neill Wagner is facing two charges of undertaking a prohibited activity, brought by Brisbane City Council under its Public Land and Assets Local Law. Picture: Steve Pohlner

Crime & Justice

Queensland multimillionaire Neill Wagner to stand trial for landing helicopter in a park

Kay Dibben, The Courier-Mail

June 26, 2016 12:00am

Subscriber exclusive

ONE of the state’s richest men will stand trial next month, charged by Brisbane City Council over landing his helicopter in a park.

Wagners director Neill Wagner had intended to land at Ballymore but could not do so because there were people on the field, and instead landed his helicopter in nearby Downey Park.

It is understood Mr Wagner had flown down from Toowoomba to watch his son play rugby at Ballymore.

Mr Wagner, 49, is one of four brothers in the Wagner family who own a multimillion-dollar Toowoomba-based construction company and an airport.

He is facing two charges of undertaking a prohibited activity, brought by Brisbane City Council under its Public Land and Assets Local Law.

The two charges date back to March 22 last year, when it is alleged Mr Wagner landed a helicopter in Downey Park and later took off in the helicopter.

Brisbane City Council received a complaint from a representative of a hockey club which leases the park for its sporting activities, after the helicopter was seen landing there.

Mr Wagner appeared in Brisbane Magistrates Court earlier this month and pleaded not guilty to the charges, and his lawyer Brett Heath of Carter Newell asked for the matter to go to trial. On Friday the case was set down for a one-day trial on August 29.

Mr Wagner was first served with a summons to answer the complaint, by post to his address, in February this year – almost a year after the helicopter landing in the park.

Court documents describe the charge of undertaking a prohibited activity as a simple offence.

Undertaking a prohibited activity can attract a $589 infringement notice or a maximum penalty of $5890 per charge, if prosecuted in court.

Prohibited activities in council parks are activities that could be dangerous, damage, injure or interfere with wildlife, vegetation, natural features or park infrastructure.

It is believed BCC will refer to Civil Aviation Safety Authority regulations on helicopter landings in the case. Mr Wagner declined to comment as the case was before the court.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Gawd, I think my IQ just dropped a few points reading this drivel. Intending to attend the fly-in this weekend, I thought I'd educate myself on the facility, only to find the thread dominated by pathetic attempts to smear a local businessman. I think I'll bookmark it for next time someone asks about the "Tall Poppy Syndrome".

• Like 1

Gawd, I think my IQ just dropped a few points reading this drivel. Intending to attend the fly-in this weekend, I thought I'd educate myself on the facility, only to find the thread dominated by pathetic attempts to smear a local businessman. I think I'll bookmark it for next time someone asks about the "Tall Poppy Syndrome".

I'll be there. Ignore fly_tornado. Looks like a good facility to me. Not sure what FT's problem is, its hard to tell from all the incoherent jibberish.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1
  • Haha 2

I'll be there. Ignore fly_tornado. Looks like a good facility to me. Not sure what FT's problem is, its hard to tell from all the incoherent jibberish.

Are you just confining that comment to this thread, or to all comments from that poster? Most of us would not be able to make that distinction.

• 2 months later...