Yenn

• 2 months later...
  • Replies 958
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Looking to save themselves $40M in fees by spending $400k on legal fees, I don't quite understand the legal argument.

Wagners, council face off in multi-million dollar dispute

Wagners, council face off in multi-million dollar dispute

A MULTI-million dollar dispute between power-house company Wagners and Toowoomba Regional Council over infrastructure charges will soon see the two face-off in court.

Wagners chairman Denis Wagner said the company had been issued with infrastructure charges notices and had appealed to the Planning and Environment Court.

He said while the company had no issue paying charges, they needed to be commensurate with the infrastructure provided.

The charges levied so far are in excess of $1 million. Mr Wagner said if extrapolated across the Wellcamp Business Park the charges would add up to between $30m and $40m for stormwater infrastructure alone.

He said there was a lot of stormwater infrastructure built on site at Wagners' cost including detention basins and the work would not adversely impact on the nearby creek.

"The stormwater doesn't flow through one council pipe," Mr Wagner said.

He said if the issue of infrastructure charges was not resolved it would stifle development in the region and cost jobs.

It's not the first time Wagners and the council have faced off it court.

Wagners appealed against infrastructure charges levied for the Wellcamp airport, with the two parties coming to an agreement, but only after significant legal costs were incurred .

He said the proceedings could take six to 12 months and cost both parties more than $400,000.

Mr Wagner suggested a negotiated outcome between the two parties would be far more beneficial for all concerned.

"We have had to appeal through the Planning and Environment Court because we have been issued with an infrastructure charges notice from the council."

Cr Chris Tait said he had been informed that Wagners had filed an appeal in court.

"I haven't seen them, I presume they've served council's legal officers with those appeals."

He confirmed it was the council's intention to contest the appeal.

He said the council levied charges on its network and developers were asked to provide stormwater drainage within subdivisions.

Cr Tait said the charges related to trunk infrastructure which dealt with the effects of stormwater and declined to comment further.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

For those who are interested, out of my area so haven't read it yet. Copy and paste below.

The CASA Office of Airspace Regulation has completed a post implementation review of airspace in the Oakey and Brisbane West Wellcamp area (Queensland).

The report includes stakeholder feedback and we thank everyone that has contributed. The report is available on the CASA website: brisbane_west_wellcamp_april17 | Civil Aviation Safety Authority

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

this could be interesting, if they sell up then John can go it alone at Wellcamp

Wagners chairman denies plans for immediate ASX float

WAGNERS Group chairman Denis Wagner has refuted reports the family-owned company was on the verge of listing the building materials arm of its operation on the Australian Securities Exchange.

The Australian yesterday reported the Toowoomba company was planning the move, reported to be worth up to $500million.

For those who are interested, out of my area so haven't read it yet. Copy and paste below.The CASA Office of Airspace Regulation has completed a post implementation review of airspace in the Oakey and Brisbane West Wellcamp area (Queensland).

The report includes stakeholder feedback and we thank everyone that has contributed. The report is available on the CASA website: brisbane_west_wellcamp_april17 | Civil Aviation Safety Authority

It's interesting that they mention VHF congestion. I've never heard it even remotely congested on CTAF. 126.7 on the other hand....

Good result anyway, still class 'G'.016_ecstatic.gif.156a811a440b493b0c2bea54e43be5cc.gif

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Toowoomba's Wellcamp airport wins national award

16th Nov 2017 11:26 AM

9-4033871-twb161117wellcamp_fct911x683x39_ct620x465.jpg

The Australian Airports Association deputy chief executive officer Nicholas Lane and Toowoomba Wellcamp Airport general manager Sarah Hales at the 2017 AAA National Airport Industry Awards.cONTRIBUTED

TOOWOOMBA Wellcamp Airport has been nationally recognised, taking out a commercial award for its cargo business.

The Australian Airports Association hosted its 2017 National Airport Industry Awards last night, recognising innovation and excellence across a range of categories.

Toowoomba Wellcamp Airport was named among the innovation and excellence winners after commencing regular operations of international air cargo flights, operated by Cathay Pacific, in November 2016.

The award recognised how the airport had successfully demonstrated the airport's operational suitability and competence in the handling of wide-bodied freighter aircraft and international air cargo.

AAA CEO Caroline Wilkie said air freight was an increasingly important part of its overall freight network and essential to its export industry.

"Toowoomba Wellcamp Airport has created new trade opportunities for the region that will lead to local jobs for local people," she said.

Toowoomba's Wellcamp airport wins national award

001_smile.gif.2cb759f06c4678ed4757932a99c02fa0.gif

• Informative 1

• 5 weeks later...

Well, I decided to bite the bullet and fly out of well camp and FT might be onto something here, firstly the amenities are quite spartan and the cafe sells overpriced food of very average quality.. amenities are clean but you would expect that with little use (so far) there is no customer service counter on the air side of security and the airline "Airnorth" scheduling is terrible with over an hour delay with my flight with NO notification from them. will I do it again? Well let me put it this way... The Qantas club lounge at Brisbane airport looks really good from here

Well, I decided to bite the bullet and fly out of well camp and FT might be onto something here, firstly the amenities are quite spartan and the cafe sells overpriced food of very average quality.. amenities are clean but you would expect that with little use (so far) there is no customer service counter on the air side of security and the airline "Airnorth" scheduling is terrible with over an hour delay with my flight with NO notification from them. will I do it again? Well let me put it this way... The Qantas club lounge at Brisbane airport looks really good from here

Sounds like FT sold us a pup.

• Like 1