Do you know this man?

Hello everyone :-)

First of all thanks for reading this thread but I have to be the fun police and ask that posts from now on relate to tracking this guy down, I'm all for a bit of fun banter but let's just get serious for a second if possible?

Expensive items have going missing from the hangar and some very serious intererence has occurred on several airframes in our hangar by someone accessing the hangar when it is locked and no one is present, undetected, the tampering would have resulted in serious injury or death to pilot, passengers and even people on the ground.

If you can't see the serious side to this then please take your jokes elsewhere - Sure, the man pictured may not be the culprit and this is not a witch hunt for an innocent man, however he is on film entering a locked and unoccupied hangar, removing covers off aircraft, pulling the starter cord on a 503 (this particular aircraft was the one that had been sabotaged most recently and seriously, luckily a thorough preflight prevented another RAAus statistic), it shows him snooping around private aircraft and belongings. So again, although this may not be the person responsible for the vandalism, he is not known or recognized by ANYONE on the field and as you can understand, this is of great concern to aircraft owners here at Boonah. I don't know too many plane spotters that break into hangars, and act in this manner. This is an appeal to the aviation community for help and also a warning, perhaps he visit's your airfield too? Thanks in advance to you fellow aviators and hopefully we can find the responsible person/s - be it this mystery man or someone else. :-)

• Like 4
  • Agree 7

Guest john

If the owners of these planes in the hangar that are being tampered with cannot catch this culprit with the existing surveillance procedures that are set up within the hangar, then it is suggested that the owners may wish to set up a roster system for each hangar member to take it in turns to covertly either occupy the hangar day & night, or be within sight of the hangars entrance , with camera & mobile phone ready. This procedure is what we had to do once, which eventually was successfull after much patience & perserverance, but immensely inconvenient.

Obvious question XP503 - but curious ............... how does this person enter the hangar - if the hangar is lockable can't the entry point be made more secure

.................... redo locks and reissue new controlled keys (prevention might be cheaper than bait)

• Agree 2

Yes the airfield does have some opposition within the community but I can't imagine someone taking this action, but it is a possibility. I have been giving this thought and am certain that the culprit must be psychopathic, or mentally ill, their actions no different to cutting your brake lines or the like, intended to kill or harm someone..... pretty scary that they're out there. The hangar did have a key box with a number combination for students or private hires to arrive early, as there is no sign of a break in, this is probably how they got in. Obviously this has been removed and I believe the locks are being changed. That is all I know at this stage but I am sure the police will catch this guy.

I have been giving this thought and am certain that the culprit must be psychopathic, or mentally ill,

You would be wrong, generally highly intelligent.

I would get 2 or 3 together (for safety non confrontation) and go door knocking and see if you can spot him, he lives in a house very close no doubt - probably directly under the flight path.

Oh sorry no you're wrong you misread my post :) The persons actions to me indicate psychopathic tendencies or that the person may have any number of mental issues such as schizophrenia, cleptomania, dysphoria, and not of sane thinking. How intelligent he is is irrelevant. I don't recall saying he wasn't either?

• Agree 1

Guest ozzie

While searching for persons during similar circumstance, i had good success locating one while having a quiet beer and counter lunch at the local and the other at the local shopping mall.

Hello everyone :-)First of all thanks for reading this thread but I have to be the fun police and ask that posts from now on relate to tracking this guy down, I'm all for a bit of fun banter but let's just get serious for a second if possible?

Expensive items have going missing from the hangar and some very serious intererence has occurred on several airframes in our hangar by someone accessing the hangar when it is locked and no one is present, undetected, the tampering would have resulted in serious injury or death to pilot, passengers and even people on the ground.

If you can't see the serious side to this then please take your jokes elsewhere - Sure, the man pictured may not be the culprit and this is not a witch hunt for an innocent man, however he is on film entering a locked and unoccupied hangar, removing covers off aircraft, pulling the starter cord on a 503 (this particular aircraft was the one that had been sabotaged most recently and seriously, luckily a thorough preflight prevented another RAAus statistic), it shows him snooping around private aircraft and belongings. So again, although this may not be the person responsible for the vandalism, he is not known or recognized by ANYONE on the field and as you can understand, this is of great concern to aircraft owners here at Boonah. I don't know too many plane spotters that break into hangars, and act in this manner. This is an appeal to the aviation community for help and also a warning, perhaps he visit's your airfield too? Thanks in advance to you fellow aviators and hopefully we can find the responsible person/s - be it this mystery man or someone else. :-)

Well XP-503, I hope you people soon catch this person. I think I'd feel a bit vulnerable if I knew someone was snooping around the hangar like that: you never know what they could do to make life very miserable for an aviator. I would NOT be very happy if I knew someone was potentially tampering with my plane 037_yikes.gif.f44636559f7f2c4c52637b7ff2322907.gif.

• Like 1
  • Agree 3