Ww1 mission " my bebe pick up"

Ok what does one do with a small inheritance? Of course we aviators by our dream bird!

NIEUPORT 11. By graham lee. Circa reproductions. Built by the late Peter Franks of lethbridge vic

Currently was toowoomba qld some 1800 kms away from new home here at Sherlock sa

So after driving up the first time to discover the advertised n11 was really an n17 and coming home empty handed and some $2000 lost turns out the old fella had a n11. ( the one I wanted a few years back but missed out) so after negotiations I started the task of building a custom built trailer from scratch : image.jpg.aa7e9d2eb7357fdf928c0071f0d44ad7.jpg so arrived 7am at helidon spa and a ph call was made to forrum member Nieuportpete

Whom I had never met more spoken with other than forrum(and what a true gentleman!!!!)

So with the help of Nieuportpete and my mate rod we spent the next couple of hours loading whilst the owner took the money and ran! True we didn't see him?and apparently can't find log book and has absolutly NO INFO on it as his not a pilot! Any way we got her on there slightly worse for ware( as I did mention to rod before loading" you know when most aircraft damage occurs?transport!)

Any way was a long drive back but managed 82 kms .. So hoping in next week or so to get back together and test her out!

Also wondering if anyone on here knows this aircraft? 10-1968 was owned by Michael hooker lethbridge vic. He flew it from lethbridge to helidon spa qld 3 days .

HUGE THANKS TO NIEUPORT PETE. THANKS MATE VERY MUCH APPRECITED

HEART OF GOLD MATE,,

image.jpg.4d0c8484346579f5e95d24014282520f.jpg

image.jpg.67cc161c40a6e1783a48f535918e36a6.jpg

image.jpg.c05747ac0346963ef1429ee8c5b5ac91.jpg

image.jpg.a53e4c3a408c1afe19d0d8cd22bb4aa5.jpg

image.jpg.a015f979f6e4e4db789ca0a56de6af99.jpg

image.jpg.ae86e1c72fa07aa847d2824a659b1f48.jpg

image.jpg.3e0c40126c7493f81e64ea0de3e635b9.jpg

image.jpg.4ace147924088e3eb2f663d5f95b8a2a.jpg

image.jpg.4f56f19578ceb14fcfc5e262b8b6d8f2.jpg

• Like 7

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi Flyerme,

Not sure exactly what sort of knowledge of the aircraft you are seeking, but I have seen it at various fly-ins here in Victoria over the course of the last few years, so I know it has not been languishing in a barn or similar.....

I am sure Mike H. would be happy to give you further info. Give Lethbridge a call and they can probably put you in touch.

HTH

Neil

• Like 1

Hi Flyerme,Not sure exactly what sort of knowledge of the aircraft you are seeking, but I have seen it at various fly-ins here in Victoria over the course of the last few years, so I know it has not been languishing in a barn or similar.....

I am sure Mike H. would be happy to give you further info. Give Lethbridge a call and they can probably put you in touch.

HTH

Neil

Thank you hoping for a call back from mike.h now

• Like 1

If it wasn't for this site not sure how'd I'd be right now?

Again another forrum member Patrick normoyle has come to the rescue

Helping me put my bird back together !,

Thanks heaps pat. My runway is your runway mate anytime

Hi Flyerme,

I knew that N.11 when Peter Franks owned it, as well as when the 3rd owner had it here in Qld. Nice machine. Just wondering, did you get an Aircraft Condition Report done ?

It is a very well built plane. ALL Peter Franks planes were.. You will have to work on the rudder with this design built to scale as the pilot mucks up the airflow to the fin. (Exactly the same as when you drop a parachutist from the front seat of the DH82 when they stand up to get out). The second owner flew it to Narromine at least once, from Lethbridge, which is a fair effort. Nev

• Informative 1

It is a very well built plane. ALL Peter Franks planes were.. You will have to work on the rudder with this design built to scale as the pilot mucks up the airflow to the fin. (Exactly the same as when you drop a parachutist from the front seat of the DH82 when they stand up to get out). Nev

Yep gonna a be some fun. Could build the training rudder but prefer the scale looks and HANDLING, just need to square off the runway? I wish gonna be interesting

Ground loop anyone? Apparently every pilot has don it in this beast!

Yep gonna a be some fun. Could build the training rudder but prefer the scale looks and HANDLING, just need to square off the runway? I wish gonna be interestingGround loop anyone? Apparently every pilot has don it in this beast!

Are you endorsed for 'Groundabatics"? 008_roflmao.gif.692a1fa1bc264885482c2a384583e343.gif

Alan.

• Like 1

I think It's a 503 Bex. I have worked on the engine. Nev

Rotax 503. Cruise 65 kts. 50 ltr tank

Thank you and good luck with it all 026_cheers.gif.2a721e51b64009ae39ad1a09d8bf764e.gif

Oh your in Sherlock, I reckon I'll be dropping in soon to have a look if that's ok? I should be in Oz in the nex few weeks or so I think. Mum and Dad live in Goolwa. Or you could fly to Goolwa and I'll shout you lunch.

• Like 1

Thank you and good luck with it all 026_cheers.gif.2a721e51b64009ae39ad1a09d8bf764e.gifOh your in Sherlock, I reckon I'll be dropping in soon to have a look if that's ok? I should be in Oz in the nex few weeks or so I think. Mum and Dad live in Goolwa. Or you could fly to Goolwa and I'll shout you lunch.

Sounds like a good plan Or you could come here and I fly you back to goolwa in the lighty weather pending :)

Are you endorsed for 'Groundabatics"? 008_roflmao.gif.692a1fa1bc264885482c2a384583e343.gifAlan.

Yep I earned my GL endo on the 1983 T83 thruster and the supercat after that I learned peddle ahead of it and became psychic!

• Haha 1

I guess you are an ACE Flyer, but if it is easy to put a bigger rudder on it I would consider doing it. There have been a few of these and similar built scale replicas that are a bit of a challenge. Shame to bend them.

AS a bit of useless information Bebe is French for baby.( Bay bay Phonetic)... Nev

• Like 1

I guess you are an ACE Flyer, but if it is easy to put a bigger rudder on it I would consider doing it. There have been a few of these and similar built scale replicas that are a bit of a challenge. Shame to bend them.AS a bit of useless information Bebe is French for baby.( Bay bay Phonetic)... Nev

Oui. Your correct the name baby or bebe coming from the n10 ( because of its small size) carried over to the single seat scout/ fighter ..

• Like 1