Ww1 mission " my bebe pick up"

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi Flyerme

was lucky enough to be at the field on sunday to see the maiden - me just an amateur photographer with a love of aircraft and got a few of you in the Nieuport.

regards

PeteIMGP9692.JPG.2da6c7c209b06f932b87397037cda330.JPG

133392681_IMGP96782.jpg.ba73025491a8e6e4a958c694dc4f16d7.jpg

IMGP9901.JPG.61b0c18d8ab164a1d51c6dfe1a5b511b.JPG

• Like 1
  • Agree 1
  • Haha 1
  • Winner 6

Hi Flyermewas lucky enough to be at the field on sunday to see the maiden - me just an amateur photographer with a love of aircraft and got a few of you in the Nieuport.

regards

Pete[ATTACH=full]31210[/ATTACH][ATTACH=full]31211[/ATTACH][ATTACH=full]31212[/ATTACH]

OMG THAT IS AWESOME.........REALLY AWESOME.....THANK YOU SOOOOOOOO MUCH...FANTASTIC SHOTS...... MADE MY DAY OH and welcome to the forum gliderdog.

regards

Tim

• Agree 2

Glider dog, legendary entry to the Forum, you made Tim's day, nice shots to, you got skills dude. We had a wonderfully successful afternoon, first flight for him and it went so well. Nice to have like minded aviation folk hanging about Aldinga.

• Agree 2

Here's why you cant see out the front

I don't understand why you blokes don't put a cheap Chinese reversing camera and monitor setup in taildraggers as an aid.

Set it up so it's like you are looking through a hole through the engine.

camera.jpg.9369f0b71fdbb4ac008ddb75a5c716a4.jpg

• Like 2
  • Informative 1

Thats not a bad idea Bex.

Might need a bit of positive pressure air to keep the bugs off the camera lens.

Not hard to do. We used to do it over 50yrs ago on industrial photoelectric smoke density measuring equipment to keep boiler soot off the lenses.

The plane looks great mate, stay safe and have fun.

gliderdog:score 010: for the photos. Thanks for posting them.

• Agree 1

woot woot.....she's home !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

after a thourough pre flight, i set out for some circuts in aim of sorting out the take off loop and getting my short field landing spot on and also decided use the slight x-wind ruway(no time like the present to see how she really handles

) ...so as mentioned i attempted to hold the tail down,biuld up to almost stall speed and raise the tail...

NOPE!!!!!! no diff...- tail up and bam spin around to right??????????? however i noted the stick position again with left stick required for level flight? hmmmm this got me thinking so the next circut i desided to scrap everything ive told and try my own thing! so next attempt i held tail down but as i raised the tail i .........wait for it..............wait for it..

.just held left stick to the left!!! and bobs your uncle !!! perfectly strieght. so anther take off with same technique and even better...so its all trimming...that i can sort out......anyway so with the weather providing a opertunity i departed Aldinga for 64nm trk est. after take off i climbed to 2500 and crossed mt compass which turned out to span near 10 nm...was rough all the way but the nieuport is a real joy to fly and was lovin it... @5850 rpm i cruised at 50-55ktns with ground speed of =

..how ever as murphy would have it,,my predicted est ground winds on my 08rwy had turned dew sth at 2kt gusting 4.3.

so i decided on having a feel with a low power on approach slight crab but once over the fence in ground effect with some wiggling and peddaling, she came down greased....and a yahoo may have been screamed?..

i am sooooooooooooooooooooo happy to have her home,and pleased with her perfgormace..

thanks againPat for all your help and support...20140719_125840.jpg.55182182a51ca04651f5608494e35da3.jpg

• Like 6
  • Agree 1

Great stuff, didn't see any evidence of the swing you were saying happened as the tail came up. Looked nice and smooth to me. One day I'd love to build the graham lee sopwith baby (after I finish the pietenpol).

Must say you got those goggles up very quickly on landing, what was the issue there?

Phil

Great stuff, didn't see any evidence of the swing you were saying happened as the tail came up. Looked nice and smooth to me. One day I'd love to build the graham lee sopwith baby (after I finish the pietenpol).Must say you got those goggles up very quickly on landing, what was the issue there?

Phil

The swing was there, just not as bad! (As xwind pushing from left-sth on take off and pointed plane from right side to the left end- she curved around rather than swung)As the tail lifts you can note the r/h side of runway get closer then I lift off and cross the right edge.... Goggles crap! ( home made - safety goggles with sunglasses fit snug inside-- kept fogging up). Ordered some real ones ....

Still a couple other niggles iron out!

Hi Flyerme, have you changed the seat height or do you have a thick cushion under you.?Cheers

JimG

added a thin cusion between leather slip and plastic seat,unfortunately you cant add much because of stick postion, bit of cusion better than none! says my but...
  • Like 1