Engine Off Operations

FlyingVizsla

What was that slogan by the mob in Boston over 200 years ago: "no taxation without representation".

Our situation is a little different, but there might be many who will refuse to obey rules if they were denied the opportunity to have any input.

• Like 2
  • Agree 1

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This a vexed issue, the original intention was to promulgate the draft for comment, but due to the very tardy lack of effort of a certain employee who was engaged to write the draft, RAA was backed into a corner in terms of meeting a deadline to get the draft manual to CASA.This really was a disgraceful situation, we all should have at least had the opportunity to comment, because once it is adopted it will be the rules by which we are governed. This situation is a legacy of a previous board and management.

At some point we have to stop blaming the past and be worried about how things have not changed, there is no representation, there is no information forthcoming to members, issues are still being kept private and many decisions made that members are never notified of.

David Isaac, then why hasn't the draft manual been released today... I fail to see how any deadline would prevent it from being published in draft form. If CASA get a copy, why shouldn't we?

I totally agree, I don't support what happened I was just explaining what I was told happened.

We should still have access to the draft and there is no excuse in my mind why it should not be available, even though comment would probably not be accepted.