J230 with Lycoming

quentas

I have had my Jab powered 230 for 7 years and nearly 700 hours... I had...electronic ignition fitted last year and can say these are probably the best mods so far? ...

Interesting, what was the advantage?

there are jabirus out there with 233's and 235's. PG have done them and are working on them nowthe j200 with 235 would probably be too heavy for RAA I'm led to beleive so it is probably ga

GA is good for this kind of experiments as there are not weight limits that stop you from doing it

The one in this advert would struggle to be legal with a half decent load

Would like to hear from people with them as people at my airport are looking for options

A o-235 is around 38 pounds heavier than a o-233 so I agree

Thread drift and I am and am not sorry

Hey anyone take notice that Rotax has just produced it's 50,000 th 912 variant engine

Now how's that for reliability with all us bad maintainers out there

Bring on all the unhelpful remarks all you like proof of quality is in the reliability

Alf

• Like 1

There is no doubt Alf , Rotax engines are well designed , reliable and have stood the test of time . We should never however become complacent , irrespective of what aircraft/engine combination we have . All engines are mechanical devices and as such may fail , particularly if not operated and maintained strictly in accordance with the manufacturers recommendations .Stating the blxxdy obvious I guess ,but sometimes that 'very reliability' we get used to ,can give one a false sense of security/infallibility .

Bob

Guest SAJabiruflyer

Ahhh Forums. Interesting places to be since before the Internet was the Internet. But what would I know, I'm unhelpful:cheezy grin:

MODS this is a reasonable correct statement yet Dazza received 4 "UnhelpfulIt backs up what I was saying earlier about bringing the site down - those 4 disgraceful comments stay on his record and should be removed. He doesn't deserve a permanent record and we don't need to be misled.

TP

The bottom line is most people post informative information which is appreciated. The rest I ignore, but to suggest someone posting a tag that they consider a comment unhelpful I believe is reasonable - whether I agree or not.

In the interest of keeping this forum informative and very helpful then I repeat if someone gets under your skin, whoever they might be, just ignore them and enjoy the other informative information which is posted regularly. Trying to prove superior knowledge is an ego trip and definitely UNHELPFUL to those who are looking for information.

• Like 1
  • Agree 2

" knowing full well that the 9-235 engine has a great reliability history ?

Speaking of inventing new motors:stirrer: a 9-235 sounds cool. Lol sorry dazza I couldn't resist although i agree with your side on this one and do feel you have got the raw end of the deal. While dazza's comment could have been taken as having a dig at jabs the response he got was way overboard, also so what if he is a grammar nazi some of us could use a bit of help in That respect so what's the big deal.

Just my two cents

• Like 4
  • Agree 1