Battle of Britain movie planes

WOW

History of this Spitfire -

It was built in the summer of 1943 at the Castle Bromwich Aircraft Factory as an LFIXb with a Rolls-Royce Merlin 66 as part of batch MH413-456. MH415 was delivered to No.129 (Mysore) Squadron at Hornchurch in August 1943, where it was issued with the squadron codes DV*G and became the regular mount of the C.O. Sqn Ldr Gonay.

My Uncle 'Neil Roggenkamp' flew in this Squadron -

No. 129 Squadron was reformed on 16 June 1941 at RAF Leconfield equipped with Spitfires.[1]

As a result of the Indian government raising large sums of money through its sale of War Bonds a number of squadrons within the RAF were given names of Indian cities and provinces in recognition of this. No. 129 became No. 129 (Mysore) Squadron being named after Mysore province in southwest India. The squadron's badge, the Ghunda Berunda of Mysore, also reflects this association.[

Neil broke a couple of Spitfires, (one just over the Dover Cliffs) before the Squadron changed to Mustangs. Neil was shot down D-Day +1 and was kept by the Underground earning him late membership of the 'Caterpillar Club' until Allies arrived. In his collection are his false French Papers as well as log book.

Neil passed away last year.

Anyone got a spare $2.5 million USD

• Like 1
  • Informative 1

Hmm, another person who has flown them all hard saying the Spitfire wasn't nearly as good as the 109.

Anyone got a spare $2.5 million USD

... and what are you going to do with it then, find the next 10 million to replace every single bit except the ID plate, i.e. "Paddy's Axe", or just watch it continue to rot?

023_drool.gif.742e7c8f1a60ca8d1ec089530a9d81db.gif

I want it.

... and what are you going to do with it then, find the next 10 million to replace every single bit except the ID plate, i.e. "Paddy's Axe", or just watch it continue to rot?

Stop ruining my fantasies by injecting your damn reality.

• Agree 1

Should about do it!

• Haha 1
  • Winner 1