RAA scorecard for 2014

fly_tornado

It might be time to have a thread covering the achievements of the RAA in 2013/2014 to balance out the perception of negativity.

New flying schools, New aircraft importers, new aerodromes, numbers of new pilots, new instructors, new planes. All those little things that shows how well the RAA is doing as an administer of the sport. It would be good to hear some good news.

• Like 1
  • Agree 2

FT. If this was Chicago in the '30s, someone would put a contract on your carcass! (but I gotta admit, based on your set points, it would be a thin thread at the outset). Top marks for stirring the pot. Let's revisit in 12 months and compare notes then. Keep smiling. Riley

• Agree 1

What has started any perception of negativity?

Quite a number of things seemed to have been running along smoothly over the past few months, with some incremental improvements.

In particular there has been increased communication from board members on this site.

Where is this coming from? Election positioning?

• Like 2

Two aircraft, both registration renewals without delay, two years in a row, L2 renewed without fuss. Every question answered quickly and professionally, Darren returned a call, several hours after closing time, to ensure a timely response. I sees lot of complaints on this site, but that has not been my experience.

• Like 3
  • Agree 4
  • Winner 1

I've had several calls to RAA and have found them extremely helpful and Also Darren when I called about an incident was extremely helpful and didn't rush me off but took the time to talk which wasn't expected but was sure appreciated.

No doubt they are having troubles but they all seem to have an extremely good attitude

• Like 5

Both my renewals, two months and fourteen months ago were handled speedily, my membership application twelve months before that took ages, wasn't sure there was anyone there to cash my cheque let alone process my application. I think there has been a huge improvement in the office processing over the last couple of years. External factors affecting the operations of the office are what concerns me the most, like self propelled goalposts enforced by the regulator!

What has started any perception of negativity?Quite a number of things seemed to have been running along smoothly over the past few months, with some incremental improvements.

In particular there has been increased communication from board members on this site.

Where is this coming from? Election positioning?

There has been plenty of negativity someone reckoned the whole board should be sacked not long ago. We have a number of people who do nothing but criticize who reckon they should not have to communicate with their area rep. Silly notions like rule making should be done by the membership and not the board.

Guest Maj Millard

The magazine has been great lately...thanks Brian......Rob Purvans first and original Bushboar Kitfox /Highlander/Savannah composite initial registration (19-) processed in 11 days !...and over the Easter period..outstanding job Darren Barnfield.

Great move Michael Monke with full board support going right over CASA twice for direct face to face meetings with Warren Truss the aviation minister.........good move Michael !...

A new CEO in the office....already finding areas to save us heaps of money...watch this space !..............Maj.....

Guest Andys@coffs

I'm looking forward to hearing about insurance, I reckon there is very likely a good (perhaps even great!) story in that space shortly!

Andy

Guest Maj Millard
I'm looking forward to hearing about insurance, I reckon there is very likely a good (perhaps even great!) story in that space shortly!Andy

Insurance renewal was handled very capabily by Trevor Bange with assistance by other board members. It has been contracted and everyone is very happy with the final decision.......should be details in the next magazine. I believe it offers additional benifits for all over the last coverage....well done Trevor.............Maj....

Guest Maj Millard

The board currently in my opinion is working very well, and very efficiently as it should. Great demonstration of what happens when everybody works as part of a close team instead of individuals pushing their own agendas and clogging up the works....may it continue ...........Maj.....

There has been many improvements in the last year.

Theres a new Ops manual, almost ready for ratification, with what i believe to be some very sensible changes.

The first EVER RAA CFI conference is slated for November this year, a 3 day affair covering many many topics. (Long over due)

The registration debarcle, while being a pain, has tightened the ship and left no places for dodgy rego's to hide (of which there were quite a few)

The RAA board seem to be on the front foot with regards to dealing with CASA, and sticking up for what the RAA need/ want rather then bowing down to our over lords with our cap in our hand.

There has been a few staff positions added (safety officer ) I know it was the year before last, but it has started to take effect now in some visable ways.

There are steps being taken to tighten training standards and unify procedures adopted by schools so we are all on the same page.. (Long long over due) This will do nothing but improve standards and safety. I would like to see the creation of a new staff position. A training standards and compliance supervisor. I know the role of asst ops and ops manager already control this, but I think we would be greatly served by fulltime oversight of this important aspect of our sport.A position with teeth!!

The current ops team have an incredibly high workload, and are required to be politically correct ( for want of a better term). I think we need someone who has one job, and one job only..To make sure training standards are of the highest possible calibre..

My 2 cents

• Like 1
  • Agree 2

• 3 weeks later...
Guest Crezzi
It might be time to have a thread covering the achievements of the RAA in 2013/2014 to balance out the perception of negativity.New flying schools, New aircraft importers, new aerodromes, numbers of new pilots, new instructors, new planes. All those little things that shows how well the RAA is doing as an administer of the sport. It would be good to hear some good news.

The approval process for my new Satellite FTF near Rockhampton was conducted promptly & efficiently so I have no complaints.

Cheers

John