Your Say - Remove Instant Chat

Admin

I have been monitoring the use of the site Instant Chat and Chat Room feature and it seems it gets almost no use at all. This feature does slow the site down a tad and I could transfer the license over to another site I have so I am going to remove it subject to your comments...so what do you think?

• Agree 1

Fair enough Ian. I mainly use the last 24 hours update. Laurie

Me Three!, I have had one conversation since it was reintroduced, and it worked for me this time,which the last version of it wouldn't but blowing in and saying my piece, if anyone is there to listen or not, they can read it later if they want to when it suits them and reply any other time they choose suits me fine. I won't miss it a bit, personal messaging is just as good as the chat room for that purpose anyway.

• Agree 1

Maybe you host a Q&A style discussion in the chat room with some of the people standing for the board elections, could generate some traffic if it was advertised for a set day/time. Or even with other "management" people such as a meet and greet wight he CEO followed by Q&A or the Executive etc.

Guest SAJabiruflyer

Most people I know who are Members on here, now use Facebook and it's Chat facility, on various Aviation Facebook Groups.

Guest SAJabiruflyer

That's a good idea, and easy to do. I mute various Group Chats unless I am participating. Facebook certainly has enabled me to meet, not only Virtually, but in real life, a heap of new people who share a passion for Aviation. Why, at NatFly 2014 I spent a wonderful 4 days with new friends that I had only known via Facebook. I haven't chatted on here for, well, it must be several years now. I always find it interesting to see how Technology and the uses of it changes and evolves.

The site should be a little quicker now when you go from page to page...when the chat was installed, a script had to run each time you went to a new page checking for any chats for you

Why do you all use " last 24 hours" ? I always use "what's new" , then you get anything posted since you last visit, followed by a line, below which, is everything you haven't read when you where here last

That's what I use as well so I see ALL the posts that I haven't read and NOT just the last 24hrs only