Shudder/Vibration after Tkof

Roscoe

Shutting down the engine (when safe) on landing is the best idea I've heard in ages. Sometimes I land at the farm (550 metres) but I've been spoiled by 45 years at Gawler with big ww2 bomber strips and I find it hard to come in low and slow. Takeoff is no problem at all.

I reckon my problem will still be to come on over the shearing shed low enough, and a too-early shut down will make a go-around impossible, but I'm going to try the engine-off technique out soon.

Thanks Bob

• Like 1

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

tried to edit this.....but missed the opurtunity.So.....i am in no way advocating my short field takeoffs technique as SAFE........it works for me, better experienced folks here may shoot me down, so be it.

Rod Stiff showed us that teqnique for short field takeoff , It didnt make it into the POH.

It works well in the LSA55 jab , key is not to dump the full flap to quickly, or to low!

In the J230 , if you rap the throttle to quick and lift the nose off to early you could (i did) end up making an unskedualed left hand turn !!

Mike

keeping in "ground effect" i think is the stability / directional bit, metre at most off the deck. Then let that speed build. At MTOW i can get off 150....200max and thats at 2500asl. Throw in a headwind......even better.

Sorting a short field stop is work in progress.