New User Field

Admin

No problems providing info but why does it need to be public?.....google now outsourcing?Quite willing to fill out surveys or whatever for your...ah.......marketing.

In the modern world identity theft is rife. I try to maintain a minimum online footprint.

I buy my online thongs three sizes smaller for that very reason!

• Haha 1

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sheesh, we talk about our kids living in the age of entitlement and yet here we have adults who aren't prepared to put in a little to gain a lot. I'm all for protection of personal information, but seriously Google already knows a heck of a lot more about all of us than what aircraft we fly most, what licence we have, or even where we live.

• Like 1

This is what Google and every other search bot plus every member of the public that is not registered on the site sees when they try to view a user's profile:

1.jpg.3bbc79f5227e5ab3bad86a60267d3e0f.jpg

And, this is what Google and every other search bot plus every member of the public that is not registered on the site sees when they view the forums... NOTE, you will see that Aircraft, Location and Country is NOT shown outside the registered members of the site:

2.jpg.7862a74fdfa2955246b92854a5b7cdd4.jpg

2. I am surprised that the ratio of International users i.e. non-Australian licenses, is a lot lower than I had thought.

There is a lot of Oz political stuff, RAAm, CASA, etc. here daily so that doesn't surprise me at all and I've seen that mentioned at other forums about this forum as well. - messenger, don't shoot .... 043_duck_for_cover.gif.77707e15ee173cd2f19de72f97e5ca3b.gif

I

Sorry, can you repeat that, I fell asleep halfway through .....

For me the problem is that there was suddenly a barrier when I tried to log on. This makes me think it is too hard and I will go elsewhere. The site should not deter people.

• Agree 1

For me the problem is that there was suddenly a barrier when I tried to log on. This makes me think it is too hard and I will go elsewhere. The site should not deter people.

Come on guys! It takes maybe 60 seconds of your time ONCE! You do it once & it's done, it's not like you're filling in a tax return every time you log on. Reality check time!

• Agree 6

A bit of a gun to your head to get into site.

Hardly - you get the site and all of its resources for free. Answering a couple of questions is a long way from unreasonable. Maybe you feel a membership fee to access the site would be more appropriate?

• Like 2
  • Agree 1

Yes Ian your trying to fix some thing that's not broke again.

"you're"

A moment to say thanks to you Ian for all your hard effort to give me something entirely for free - something that seems to be forgotten by some posters.

• Like 2
  • Agree 2

"you're"A moment to say thanks to you Ian for all your hard effort to give me something entirely for free - something that seems to be forgotten by some posters.

Yes...but don't forget where a lot of the resources come from....us! So I'd also like to thank the members that contribute their knowledge here (also free of charge 001_smile.gif.2cb759f06c4678ed4757932a99c02fa0.gif )

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

Hardly - you get the site and all of its resources for free.

Not very accurate. You can access almost all resources without registering....

But if you wish to contribute to the resource, you must register.

dodo

PS I don't have a problem with providing the information, but I was pretty unimpressed with trying to log in and getting personal questions stuffed in my face. I got over it, but it isn't a great way to do things.