Registration Renewals

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Someone's KPI is attached to amount of mail posted?

Wouldn't surprise me....

The company I work for throws out(in the bin) tens of thousands of dollars of brand new parts and equipment every year because the warehouse won't accept their return. Bad for their KPI's apparently.

Just got consultants in to work out why we are going broke because management don't know why...LOL.......

• Like 1
  • Informative 1

It is crazy that it takes anything more than a week to renew? And that would just be based on staff versus requests. With 3500 renewals that's only 10 per day - one person could sort that out!

What are they checking?

What process is involved?

I'm HGFA and will stay there until RAAus sorts it's act out

I know HGFA takes a week or less

• Like 1
  • Informative 1

I caught the bloke who stole my mountain bike riding it and took it off him. nrMA told me to keep it after they had paid me the $3000 for it, because they had no process for reversing a payment or selling a recovered item. So RaAUs arnt that bad...

I guess reversals may affect their KPI as well.

Im not an instructor, but not having aircraft still costs me plenty, 16 hours and 1500 km driving so far. Could have done it 6 hrs flight time and maybe an hour or 2 driving

Yes ive rung 4 times, no i could not talk to anyone regarding it, just had to wait, call back after 5 weeks

With insurance costing about $250 a month plus annual rego costs you don't need a calculator to work out that a couple of months of registration backlog hits the hip pocket when you can't use the thing that you are paying the above costs for in the first place....

• Agree 3

You have to wait 6 weeks for them to read your file, if they request anything (photo or WB ) you go back on the bottom of the heap and have to wait another 6 weeks - a total of 3 months, thats what has happened to me - how fair is that?

• Agree 1

As the RAA websites "latest" registration update info is from Jan 2014, (6 months ago) perhaps its time that one of our Board reps on here requested a full explanation from the CEO of the current situation and why renewals are taking so long. then request that info be updated on their website.

• Agree 1

I'd like my renewal to be changed to the middle of winter instead of the best part of the year for flying

At last a lateral thinker:thumb up: although the middle of winter still turns on some beautiful flying here

• Caution 1

Transfers are the same it took 3 weeks for mine to get done and that was only after having a rant at the office girl. Not great for family's who have to keep an eye out to see if the moneys gone from the account yet. At the time the new CEO did not have an idea as to what was going on.

• Agree 1

Guest Andys@coffs

So reality as I see it.......The majority of people applying to continue registration will in the main be allowed to do so without issue other than the amount of time it takes.....(Im guessing at well in excess of 95% will just take time)

What about if RAAus was able to issue the equivalent of an insurance cover note, lets call it temporary registration subject to withdrawal if notified by mail, revocation said to occur the usual legal time that AusPost is said to take, to cover the period between your registration being formally renewed and payment being made, or you being advised that there is an issue, and the issue is serious enough in nature to withdraw the temporary registration.

As I see it, if you have provided the required information such as hours flown landings made and have provided a credit card detail that can and will be charged at renewal, or a time based pro-rata up until the date of revocation if denied, then none of us would really care if it took 1 week 1 month or 3 for that matter.....

Does anyone else see it that way? Can anyone think of any reason why such a scheme cant work...the only thing I can see is the 3rd party liability insurance terms and conditions would need to be varied to allow coverage for the time that the temporary registration is in effect. And we would need to change the rule that we have to have a valid registration card displayed in the aircraft to prove its registered.

Andy

4 weeks and still waiting

Did see money was extracted from account last friday.

Not sure if registered of not, seeing as without valid card on display, i guess im not until I get this?

The board spruiking "new and wonderful developments" that are just around the corner doesn't particularly help those waiting for rego.....

You might be putting a flash new seat on your push bike but you aint going anywhere with flat tyres.....

• Agree 1

4 weeks and still waitingDid see money was extracted from account last friday.

Not sure if registered of not, seeing as without valid card on display, i guess im not until I get this?

Jetjr,

If they have syphoned the doh I am pretty sure they have done the renewal and not a runner with your hard earned as last year when I questioned them they said they don't take the moolah until the renewal is complete, so hopefully that is still the same and your renewal is in the mail as we speak.

Alf

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

Guest Maj Millard

By way of a latest update so to speak...I can tell you that there has been a lot of discussion just this week between the board members, and the executive on the rego situation.

It is top priority for us all, and we too feel the pain of delayed regos, both as common members (we don't get treated any different to you ) and as area reps fielding complaints from members which is no fun, but part of the job.

The new CEO is working hard on a new system, but he is also very mindfull that it has to work properly first time around, as you would also expect. As he has only been on deck four weeks, we (the board) need to give him some space to do his thing at this time. There are a multitude of other matters that he also needs to come up to speed with, at this early stage of his position.

The board is currently very happy with its decision to employ Mr Linke, from the work he has done so far. We have recieved four weekly reports on his efforts from The president, and the board is now being updated as required. Another great idea involving direct communication with the membership is also in the works by Mr Linke, and I know the membership will be very happy with that also.

Daily communication between the excutive ( Michael Monke) and the board on the rego issue has been excellent.

I have personally, together with other board members, been highlighting the rego problem now for about three months, and I won't let it go until a proper solution is found, so that we can keep all members flying without any gaps, as it should be.

Thanks for your patience.

Maj.......

Guest Andys@coffs

FT Board sets strategy, CEO and Employees enact it. With only 4 weeks in the job I would be very surprised if the CEO is ready to ink any deal just yet, lets face it, unless you have documented exactly what it is you intend, how can you contract it with any hope of you and the other party having common understanding?

You know that saying Marry in Haste repent at leisure.....very true for software contracts as well!

Guest Maj Millard
The board don't mess with perfection. Especially when they can ring up and get their mates rego through same day. Losing that feature will cost votes!

Ah you never fail to disappoint FT do you ?.....if you only knew how far from the truth that is............