Registration Renewals

Guest Maj Millard
FT Board sets strategy, CEO and Employees enact it. With only 4 weeks in the job I would be very surprised if the CEO is ready to ink any deal just yet, lets face it, unless you have documented exactly what it is you intend, how can you contract it with any hope of you and the other party having common understanding?You know that saying Marry in Haste repent at leisure.....very true for software contracts as well!

The new CEO has put digitisation high on his list, and is embracing it to our advantage.............Maj....

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I feel so much better Maj, knowing that great things are going to happen in the future. As we still get nothing but hot air and promises I just hope I am still alive to see all this greatness.

If the Board is getting regular updates, why aren't we?

• Agree 1
  • Informative 1

Guest Maj Millard
I feel so much better Maj, knowing that great things are going to happen in the future. As we still get nothing but hot air and promises I just hope I am still alive to see all this greatness.If the Board is getting regular updates, why aren't we?

You will be shortly. The board needs regular upgrades to govern, that's our job.............Maj....

You will be shYou will be shortly. The board needs regular upgrades to govern, that's our job.............Maj....

And the Members need regular updates so we know what the Board is doing.

It is also the Boards job to keep the members informed. So far the Board is failing.

• Agree 2

FT Board sets strategy, CEO and Employees enact it. With only 4 weeks in the job I would be very surprised if the CEO is ready to ink any deal just yet, lets face it, unless you have documented exactly what it is you intend, how can you contract it with any hope of you and the other party having common understanding?You know that saying Marry in Haste repent at leisure.....very true for software contracts as well!

Software contracts - a bit like getting a divorce every year, and the attendant alimony.

Good news [at least for me] amongst all the doom and gloom. I received my Registration Certificate for the next 12 months today, and expiry date is in 2 days time.

Although I was begining to get concerned as it came down to the wire, I need not have worried.

Guest Andys@coffs

Mine expired 31st......still nothing yet in the post but it did take me a week to do the online thing once I was sent the renewal because I needed to get the logbook which was in the plane...... So with your experience Frank maybe I'm only a few days a way.......

Andy

Mine expired 31st......still nothing yet in the post but it did take me a week to do the online thing once I was sent the renewal because I needed to get the logbook which was in the plane...... So with your experience Frank maybe I'm only a few days a way.......Andy

Yes Andy, I did do mine on line the same day the renewal notice arrived, to give it every chance.

Rant warning

I just checked again, no registration has not been renewed, (Money taken was for ASIC - also 6-8 weeks delay)

Last excuse for delay was internal audit.

Today its ...things were missed last year, had to be rechecked this year,....... mail has been slow recently. Upon checking.....its done, still waiting for second signoff.

Apparantly its the same delay as last year just theres way less staff to do the processing so really they are doing quite well.....

Also no one is getting renewals done inside 5 week window so, Frank you must be making it up......

Dont worry should come through next week or so...

Pretty fed up with stories about how things are changing and the next new guy just needs time to find their feet, new board, all working well etc etc etc

Bugger all has changed in 12 months as far as keeping members machines flying from this side of the fence Maj.

No doubt it is all the fault of previous management

As I head off for another 1200km drive next week will be thinking about it all the way,

oh yeah, comforted reading president report as how we should be backing RAA and how puzzled they were when asked, was there unhappy members? Id suggest Govt would be quite justified in looking hard at funding a management company with no board, no governance and no history as these seem to be common reasons for current performance.

Says here they have new staff and better processes - not matching staffs comments or results.

Rant over for the time being

• Informative 1

"Frank you must be making it up......"

I don't care what you think. I have the registration certificate in my hand, that is all I care about. Only posted the information for others information (as I made the original query) not to get into some pissing contest.

• Agree 1

Sorry Frank you have missed my sarcastic point, I have no doubt you have received yours.

Point I was trying to make is RAA just said 2 hrs ago this is not possible when I directly asked them about others having rego process completed before expiry date.

Someones telling stories and I know it isnt you.

Again rego will be returned the same day it's received this year, but this time, I will fly when the wind gods say it's ok .catch me if you can.stand up 4 your right to flight

• Like 2

The new CEO has put digitisation high on his list, and is embracing it to our advantage.............Maj....

How far did the last CEO get with it? You guys have more excuses than I have had hot breakfasts.

• Agree 1

I would be happier about problems...if the board were more open with communication. Why is everything to be kept secret from the members?

dodo

BTW, my rego expires next Thursday. I got my renewal in to RA within a couple of days as I had heard (from this website) that there were problems...STILL - since Nov 2012. And the board's communication hasn't changed much, either.

So we have a CEO who has only been in the position for a short while. I fail to see why registrations should depend upon the CEO. I would have thought that his job was to oversee the other employees, not to do all the work himself. Having got that of my chest, I believe the whole debacle was caused by bad management in the past, which caused CASA to step in. We may not like what CASA does or wants, but to be able to keep flying we have to toe the line. Some on this forum seem to think we can ignore the rules and also CASA. Well you may be able to but it will not be a lasting solution. CASA are top heavy with lawyers and it seems to me that they are going through every bit of legislation to find something which is not done correctly and then crack down on it.

Another week passes with no renewal

Beyond a joke, beyond pissed off now. Hardly be bothered to phone and see what this weeks excuse is.

Thats five weeks on last tuesday, and not much chance of getting it before next week now. Been grounded for 5 weeks

6 weeks is not acceptable

• Agree 2
  • Haha 1

Drive/fly to Raa office, take front door off its hinges as you enter, smash fists on counter, scream your lungs out that you are not leaving until it's in your hands.

Make sure you have channel 7 filming the whole thing, the publicity Raa will get for free will be a godsend for them.

( seriously tho......dismiss the complete office staff, they have been in place right through this debacle, all these yrs. how about just contracting the daily procedural stuff out, can see immediate gains, both financially, and productivity. Plenty of companies out there taking up these avenues.) outsourcing is not a dirty word, it's a great tool for some.

Russ, no point blaming the hard working staff when the top management is responsible for the stuff ups we have been having. You comments are a little like shooting the horse because the rider gets saddle sore. Outsourcing wont solve the problem of procedures, change in policy and management attitudes will. The workers (remember that word) at the office have been nothing but helpful and attitudes like yours don't help anyone.

• Like 1
  • Agree 2

Guest Andys@coffs

Outsourcing is something that should be considered when:-

1) You understand exactly what it is that needs to be done

2) You have procedures and processes documented to the extent of covering 100% of how something is to be done and what to do in every eventuality.

3) You fully understand the exact cost of the solution delivered in-house today

If any of the above aren't spotlessly clear then your about to get taken for a ride if you look to outsource. Anything that isn't fully documented will then become a "scope creep" exercise where the cost will incrementally increase for every "just a bit more" that you add. At least that is my experience within an IT context. Its why so many jumped into Outsourcing and then couldn't wait to jump back out....Internal staff are generally, when well managed, endlessly flexible and accommodating, an outsourcer who knows his margin is made on Contract Change Proposals (CCP's) is endlessly rigid right up to the point that you sign a more money amendment to the contract or are smart enough to build the necessary flexibility in from day 1 with agreed rate changes and methodologies of assessing impact to you and him.

In the absence of advice to the contrary I presume we still haven't fully cleared the audit trail that saw us being progressively grounded (I know we are much better than we were), but still don't think that we have closed out every NCR. If my contention is correct we are not yet ready to look at outsourcing IMHO

Andy

Recieved renewal and money taken today

Apparently card etc coming in mail

Renewal sent 8/7, expird 17/7, approved 15/8

New document says no extension in time to rego, a phone call says card and rego will be adjusted to make up for 4 weeks lost

Renewal sent in 20/7. Expired 6/8. 15/8 receive notice that rego is expired/overdue........

Call to be told to disregard expiry notice as is computer generated.......rego's taking 5 weeks to process.

So why not get the computer to process the rego instead of obvious expiry notice's and make everyone happier?