Registration Renewals

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Was talking to one of the office girls a couple of weeks ago about initial rego for my plane. Got the standard "5 weeks" forecast.

So 5 weeks insurance, 5 weeks that I can't have my plane at its' local airstrip, 5 weeks parking charges at the remote airfield. For what? Because RAAus can't get their house in order after how long?

I can't argue with much of the above adverse comments about rego renewal delays other than that friends of the Board get special treatment. There have been times when I've been the Board's worst nightmare but I think they would probably see me these days as a friend. I neither sought nor was granted special treatment despite suffering a six week period on the ground due to delays in processing my rego.

If you want to understand why we are in such a parlours state you need to understand that there were decades of substandard performance by RA-Aus management at both CEO and Board level. The performance of the office staff can only ever be as good as their leadership facilitates. Yelling at the office staff, apart from being counter-productive is simply not fair.

Yelling at the Board Members that allowed this situation to develop to the stage where CASA felt obliged to interfere is just.

Bagging out the relatively new team who are busting their butts to get us out of this mess is not so fair. My judgement is that the EGM in February 2013 was a real turning point and that RA-Aus was dragged kicking and screaming in a new direction. Since the AGM in Sep 2013 effectively a new Board with a new balance of power has been in place.

So far we've seen Jim Tatlock get a hold of the finances and produce crystal clear financial information even if it wasn't good news. We've seen a strong team established in Ops and in Tech and a new CEO employed to get the admin moving. The Board Exec lead by Mick Monck has had very positive meetings at the highest Ministerial level in Federal Government and built bridges with CASA that are to our mutual advantage.

That is more progress in less than one year than has happened in the last ten years. I understand that it is of little use to say that good things are about to happen because from the ordinary members viewpoint RA-Aus has no credibility.

I know that in the coming few months good things will happen and that credibility will be established. And it will happen because of member activism that sprang up in 2012 and has persevered to the present. The real cause of our present malaise was entrenched member apathy that allowed things to drift along without critical evaluation.

• Like 1

Guest Andys@coffs

Just got email advice that registration payment has been made. So, renewal due 31st July, renewal made online about the 7th of July from memory (I think that's right it was about a week after I received the 1st renewal advice) so if I take a week from the first date its about 6 weeks 2 days..... I have not yet received the stuff in the post but presume that's about 3 days or so away so the total on ground delay could be closer to 7weeks (oops mistake 3-4 weeks! 7 weeks is the total time taken to progress the registration) .

Andy

Just got email advice that registration payment has been made. So, renewal due 31st July, renewal made online about the 7th of July from memory (I think that's right it was about a week after I received the 1st renewal advice) so if I take a week from the first date its about 6 weeks 2 days..... I have not yet received the stuff in the post but presume that's about 3 days or so away so the total on ground delay could be closer to 7weeks.Andy

31st July to 20th Aug= 3 weeks without rego.

Guest Andys@coffs

Yeah sorry that terminology wasn't correct, total time for registration to occur is 6weeks 2 days. total time I couldn't fly was as you say circa 3weeks. My post wasn't one of condemnation, just trying to put out the facts as they relate to me.

Guest Andys@coffs
Andy, they can email the approved rego to you if you need to go flying before the plastic card arrives. Surprised they haven't done that for somebody of your newly exalted stature 093_celebrate.gif.b819cda4acf84f8ea794b849a8b7287c.gif

Yep, they sent me the credit card acceptance advice, unfortunately nowhere on the email did they say what the payment was for. If they had of added "reregistration payment advice" then to me, that would have been sufficient to blast off and keep the corrosion hopefully at bay

Andy

Guest Andys@coffs

actually I got a separate email this afternoon with a pdf copy of the letter that is normally sent with the card....Good enough for me, I'm off flying weather permitting tomorrow.......

• 4 weeks later...

Brand new aircraft rego for a kit built Sonex, sent documentation from Adelaide on the 3 Sep 14 via Express Post.

Registration advice by email received today 18 Sep 14.

Assuming they received it on the 4th.. 14 days to process!

I'm pretty happy, didn't expect anything until October!

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

They used to be fast at doing renewals, then when CASA found out how chaotic the system was and lowered the boom it became slow. Now that the backlog of shonky regos is sorted out it should go back to being acceptable.

They used to be fast at doing renewals, then when CASA found out how chaotic the system was and lowered the boom it became slow. Now that the backlog of shonky regos is sorted out it should go back to being acceptable.

there was no shonky regos just shonky administration.