jabiru down brisbane

• Replies 414
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Would I be considered a Jab Basher if I suggested that is the result of piss poor design or lack of proper testing ??.....

Since you ask, probably. But definitely ignorant of normal certification flight test procedures. I suggest you look at FAA AC 23.8 ; it's for FAR 23 aircraft, but it's still used for pretty well all flight testing of small propeller-driven aeroplanes done by professionals. Almost all the Jab types were flight-tested by Keith Engelsman (ex CASA chief test pilot). CASA test pilots are invariably ETPS graduates.

• Informative 1

H

Yes the pilot was the only pax and he managed to make a safe crash landing, he got some stitches on his face but is OK. I don't think he is a local to the area.

He definitely wan't a local or he would have stitched his own face up.

• Haha 2

H

He definitely wan't a local or he would have stitched his own face up.

Apparently there was a bit of excitement when it happened, there was no one around so he set off the ELB then choppers from neighboring properties started the search. The flying doctor got called and when the plane landed the wing clipped a tree so then another plane was dispatched to a neighboring property. When I talked to him he was in Port Hedland hospital but is out now.

This is quite bizarre - two (apparently) crashes with zero media attention? Any local cub reporter worth her or his salt would have a 'Pilot Hailed as Hero for Saving Rabbits, Termite Mound in Miracle Aircraft Crash Escape' story, with detailed witness reports of the jet-powered Cessna triplane plunging to earth in a ball of flames.

• Agree 1

Spelling means diddly squat if we get the grandma wrong 015_yelrotflmao.gif.6321765c1c50ed62b69cf7a7fe730c49.gif. But I guess the the was meant to be a "there are"

Well, so far you're the only one who picked up on my typo. The spelling these days is shameful, my comment is not about being better or smarter than the next guy, it's about being around long enough to see the dumbing down of education for various reasons to the point where it is at the same standard as mine was as a ten year old almost fifty years ago. The folks who brought about this shameful dumbing down should be dragged screaming and naked into the street and beaten on the kidneys with big tree branches. Then again, I guess it is all part of the bogan society that we have become. Safe flying....

• Haha 1

Whose kidneys are the bad spellers to be beaten upon? From passers-by or from a Kidney Bank? How many kidneys do you need to lay out so that you can beat a person on them? Most peolple can get by when presented with words written with different or unusual spellings but if you bugger up the logic or grammar then it all turns to ruin. Think back to Fanshaw or Featherstonehaugh or aitchs in BHP.

• Like 1

Well, so far you're the only one who picked up on my typo. The spelling these days is shameful, my comment is not about being better or smarter than the next guy, it's about being around long enough to see the dumbing down of education for various reasons to the point where it is at the same standard as mine was as a ten year old almost fifty years ago. The folks who brought about this shameful dumbing down should be dragged screaming and naked into the street and beaten on the kidneys with big tree branches. Then again, I guess it is all part of the bogan society that we have become. Safe flying....

No, I would think that quite a few contributors to this thread can spot such errors; but choose to ignore them because raising an issue over them does not contribute to an understanding of the issue that is the subject of the thread. It's also a waste of Broadband, and I find it more objectionable than the spelling / grammar for that reason.

• Agree 8

In one person's case it's construction which gives him away whichever persona mantle he takes on and however outlandish his spelling is; he apparently is only intent on entertaining himself, but there are others who clearly would not have the ability to pass at the necessary standard for the Navigation, Radio, P&O etc for unrestricted flying, and that raises some questions, and there are builders in the same category, so it is relevant where spelling or comprehension becomes a problem.

• Agree 1

This is quite bizarre - two (apparently) crashes with zero media attention? Any local cub reporter worth her or his salt would have a 'Pilot Hailed as Hero for Saving Rabbits, Termite Mound in Miracle Aircraft Crash Escape' story, with detailed witness reports of the jet-powered Cessna triplane plunging to earth in a ball of flames.

Interesting that when there are no media reports, the media cops a rubbishing for that with creative editorial from our own experts.

That follows recent outrage from one of our experts at "the Murdoch press" for attacking us yet again, when in fact the story was a factual report in a Fairfax newspaper.

Ask yourself how you would eventually react if someone kept rubbishing your own professional work year after year, but finally made a mistake of their own.......and you have to get your aircraft off the ground Oscar, let alone keep it there............Rupert's probably got a team hiding in the bushes already.