"Jaberoo" down (Mildura this time)

Guest Crezzi

• Replies 486
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

9 news interviewed the pilot and he said it was engine failure. He was 72 and had been flying for 40 years. Good job to get it down and dodge the golfers on the fairway

• Helpful 1

Well I'd be tee'd off looks like he has a 'fair way' to walk and he has a 'hole in one' wing.114_ban_me_please.gif.0d7635a5d304fa7bdaef6367a02d1a75.gif

But on a serious note good to see him walk away and no one else hurt, I wonder sometimes at the usefulness of a flip out air whistle or the likes to warn people on the ground of the quiet approach of an engine out landing. I've got a siren which works if I still have battery power but a flip out whistle would do the job.

• Like 2
  • Agree 4
  • Haha 1

Well I'd be tee'd off looks like he has a 'fair way' to walk and he has a 'hole in one' wing.114_ban_me_please.gif.0d7635a5d304fa7bdaef6367a02d1a75.gifBut on a serious note good to see him walk away and no one else hurt, I wonder sometimes at the usefulness of a flip out air whistle or the likes to warn people on the ground of the quiet approach of an engine out landing. I've got a siren which works if I still have battery power but a flip out whistle would do the job.

The way the rules are evolving it'll be standard equipment soon !

• Caution 1

Well I'd be tee'd off looks like he has a 'fair way' to walk and he has a 'hole in one' wing.114_ban_me_please.gif.0d7635a5d304fa7bdaef6367a02d1a75.gifBut on a serious note good to see him walk away and no one else hurt, I wonder sometimes at the usefulness of a flip out air whistle or the likes to warn people on the ground of the quiet approach of an engine out landing. I've got a siren which works if I still have battery power but a flip out whistle would do the job.

The way the rules are evolving it'll be standard equipment soon !

It would be good for hunting roos away to blazes from the strip before landing too.

I prefer forward mounted cannons!

Yeah he could have landed in the large cake that was on the 19th :) I just caught the end of this on the news and apparently the wing came off prior to his crash landing! I love the news reporting :)

Ok

I am convinced that Jabiru make the best aircraft for survivability

Now Rod you have proven this with the amount of test pilots surviving forced landings now do the aviation community a favour and piss that shit engine off and put something decent and reliable in them and make your company the best aircraft manufacturer in the world

• Like 1
  • Agree 7
  • Winner 1

OkI am convinced that Jabiru make the best aircraft for survivability

Now Rod you have proven this with the amount of test pilots surviving forced landings now do the aviation community a favour and piss that **** engine off and put something decent and reliable in them and make your company the best aircraft manufacturer in the world

What makes you think he's on this forum ?

• Haha 1

What makes you think he's on this forum ?

AVOCET

I have no doubt he is not on here it was just a polite way of getting it out there without bashing the brand

It was a plea that many others on here would also like to see happen

I don't want to see this brand go down the gurgler over some litigation

The airframe is brilliant the thing that attempts to power it is just plain rubbish

If your modern day car got 40000 Kms and dropped valves and broke bolts and needed new rings it would be an uproar but the faithful here keep denying the fact that the majority of these engines are crap and unreliable

• Agree 1

Anyone have the statistics on how many people have died in engine failures involving Rotax and Jabiru engines?

Remember there is no question that's stupid it's only the answer that is.

If you don't believe me have a look at most of the answers in these threads involving engine failures or the conclusion that everyone jumps to, oh it's a Jabiru that out landed that would be right, the engine would have failed.

Think about it this thread has turned into a morbid product bashing vehicle, let the experts deal with the problem stop trying to impress all and sundry with ones knowledge as there are only a couple who use this medium who really do have any expertise in these matters.

I act on fact and circumstance only not supposition and hearsay and any discussion based on that which appears in the newspaper I say is nothing more than hearsay.

That's my 2 bob's worth and if you don't know what a bob is go and ask someone over the age of 60.

And I don't apologize to anyone for my comments.

• Agree 8

I

AVOCETI have no doubt he is not on here it was just a polite way of getting it out there without bashing the brand

It was a plea that many others on here would also like to see happen

I don't want to see this brand go down the gurgler over some litigation

The airframe is brilliant the thing that attempts to power it is just plain rubbish

If your modern day car got 40000 Kms and dropped valves and broke bolts and needed new rings it would be an uproar but the faithful here keep denying the fact that the majority of these engines are crap and unreliable

i don't agree Alf . Your entitled to your opinion , i think i speak for most when i say , we've heard it all before and its like that stuck record , just keeps playing the same old line ,

And as far as cars go , or don't , I drive Å land-rover .

• Agree 2

I have never heard of a jabiru fatality other then a CFIT acident many years agoJabiru powered planes would be hard to work out

Definitely there has Been one in USA that I know about

A close friend of Rods was killed & his passenger 1997 i think , in a LSA 55-

At south port air strip ,again CFIT.

• Agree 1
  • Caution 1

Hey! come on Alf. Hope your not suggesting they are like an early Skoda where you can double their resale value by simply filling the gas tank.

Flown in a quite a few, but always had that little niggling feeling in he back of my mind that things might go quiet.

If they can overcome the fan-driving issues, they'd have to be the biggest bang-for-the buck LSA out there, and probably demand a far higher price second-hand.

However, i'd love to see them reach a point where the statistics show a far better long-term reliability trend.

For whatever reason, some owners have managed great hours out of them, but there needs to be more collating of information as to how this can be achieved by the majority, and I would have thought that the manufacturers self interests should be persuing this more vigorously than what appears to be the case.

PS Love your new avitar AVOCET. (Hard work often achieves many good things)

• Like 1
  • Agree 3

If GMH had as many engine failures as jabirus it would be a national scandal , why hasn't CASA addressed the issue?Bewildered, Butch

Here you go Butch, article about GM problems.

Rental companies repeatedly warned of power failures and stalling etc for more than seven years before they took action... and so far recalled 30 million vehicles.

• Like 1