New paint scheme ideas

Ultralights

• 1 month later...
Yes, you'll have to post a few pictures of the new and improved Ultralight's ultralight.

Hi Rob

Happy New Year

Have you got the Savvy back in the air yet

Would love to see some pics of the end result

Cheers

Bill

• 6 months later...
a lot of Savannah have 4 fuel tanks, I only have 3, so even with a bit of extra paint, the weight will still be close to, or still under those with 4 tanks fitted.. i hope 003_cheezy_grin.gif.c5a94fc2937f61b556d8146a1bc97ef8.gif

How do you balance out three tanks? Are the two in the (say) the left wing equivalent in weight to the single tank in the right wing?

usually only fly with 2 inboard full only and fill the 3rd when going for a longer trip. the right wing with the 2 tanks is a little heavier, but nothing a small trim tab cant sort out to get it flying hands off straight and level, when its full you feel it a bit, but get used to it quickly, so i burn that tank off first.

• 1 year later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Indeed, I saw the plane in the flesh before it left the factory. If you described it on paper you would never think it would work, but in reality it is one of the best colour schemes I have seen. Scott told me the colours are from his university and it really does look the part!

The "Tundra Tires" tires that came with my 2010 XLVG Savannah kit are the ones pictured below; they look like the same ones on the Texas Sav. Mine are 800 x 6 Carlisle Golf Cart tires. They are 4-ply and are clearly marked "Not for highway use". (But OK for airplanes???) So far, they've been fine. Knock on wood.

Canada Dan

2015069393_201110(8).JPG.953b5e5c223749cedc26b99294c66b8d.JPG

• 2 years later...

almost dont, just waiting on laser cut panel to suite 2 ipads, and a MGL AHRS and engine management, and transponder install.

Hi Ultralights, I happen to see your youtube clip and saw the 2 ipad set up. Could you give us some details as to what runs these ipads so nicely?