RAA licence renewal rant - its not automated..?

rrogerramjet

In QLD and I am guessing in the other states, once you pay your registration fee via Bpay and you write down the receipt number. You are registered. You don't have to wait until the label turns up n the mail. It should be no different with the RAA.

QLD - is doing away with rego labels soon anyway as it will save the tax payer millions.

As a side note - I watched a video on youtube about dirt bikes that also had footage of a property in the Northern part of South Australia and in this video there was a Gyro with not one rego number on it flying around. Situation normal for the bush.

• Agree 2

Yes and now rego stickers are gone, its your responsibility to keep it registered.

All great except where a renewal is lost or not sent, you end up flying or driving around unregistered for some time

Surprisingly simple where you might have 10-12 vehicles plus a few trailers.

We are looking at implementing our own sticker system and its validity forms part of daily check as it always has.

Govt Success.......cost of compliance and tax collection shifted to consumer.

• Agree 1

Got my membership renewal in the mail at end July. Paid on the net a few days later.

Got my new plastic card today, 22/8. Seems normal service has been resumed. Membership renewal date is 2 Sep.