Repco engine mounts for 582

sandman

Just had a L2 replace my engine mounts on my 582 drifter with repco engine mounts ( Black Rubber ). With these new mounts there appears to be a noticeable vibration through the pod only at idle 2200-2600 rpm. I was told that these were the original mounts for the drifter. Can anyone give me more info on theses mounts please. I'm hoping the mounts will settle down after awhile and the idle vibs might disappear. Cheers.004.JPG.b3c9d7e3b534bdf7e11ab3926e2a9fb4.JPG

Hi Sandman.

Can you tell me the manufacturer and part number of your new mounts? I would be interested in looking at them to see how hard they are.

Rubber mounts tend to harden with age, so old stock don't perform as well as new. Lord mounts print the date of production on their rubber vibration isolators!

How is the vibration at cruise revs? Your problem could be a propeller imbalance that has been enhanced at low revs by the change to new mounts.

I have used static prop balance for my SB 582 Drifter in the past and always had a vibration through the frame at low rpm. Recent use of a dynamic propeller balancer has made a huge improvement at all rpm.

Its a Smart Avionics PB-3. Easy to use, effective, cheap.

http://www.smartavionics.com/prod-pb.html

• 3 months later...

I have just replaced this set up with different engine mounts and vibration has pretty well disappeared, shes back like the old engines I had on it, I'm very happy with it now.

I have just replaced this set up with different engine mounts and vibration has pretty well disappeared, shes back like the old engines I had on it, I'm very happy with it now.

Which mounts did you use successfully in the end?

• Winner 1

Hi Sandman.Can you tell me the manufacturer and part number of your new mounts? I would be interested in looking at them to see how hard they are.

Rubber mounts tend to harden with age, so old stock don't perform as well as new. Lord mounts print the date of production on their rubber vibration isolators!

How is the vibration at cruise revs? Your problem could be a propeller imbalance that has been enhanced at low revs by the change to new mounts.

I have used static prop balance for my SB 582 Drifter in the past and always had a vibration through the frame at low rpm. Recent use of a dynamic propeller balancer has made a huge improvement at all rpm.

Its a Smart Avionics PB-3. Easy to use, effective, cheap.

http://www.smartavionics.com/prod-pb.html

Hi Shane,

I had a look at that site. That dynamic prop balancer looks like a nice bit of gear! Thanks for alerting us to this! 014_spot_on.gif.1f3bdf64e5eb969e67a583c9d350cd1f.gif