Mid-flight incident forces pilot to make emergency landing

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I assume the head injury was pre landing, caused when the pilot had to "restrain" him.

Yes well landing a twin in paddock, a bit tricky at the best of times let alone having some nut job trying to sabotage the whole thing, you would just about have to knock him out.

Guest Andys@coffs
"The pilot said that he started grabbing the controls, turning off fuel lines, and turning buttons randomly on and off,"Sounds like my standard approach. It's hard to remember what some of those controls do. 008_roflmao.gif.692a1fa1bc264885482c2a384583e343.gif

Sounds like something a CFI does in a BFR and yet I've never needed to do an outlanding with them.......

I assume the head injury was pre landing, caused when the pilot had to "restrain" him.

Is that the one where the pilots elbow is applied to the bridge of the passengers nose? If not how would you restrain a passenger strapped in next to your shoulder? I can see this is one area where my pax endo training was deficient.

• Like 1

Mid-flight incident forces pilot to make emergency landingRead more: http://www.smh.com.au/nsw/midflight-incident-forces-pilot-to-make-emergency-landing-20140825-108acq.html#ixzz3BRizDgdq

good job by the pilot, and dare say the reporting isn't bad either this time...

Yeah: It wasn't a Cessna this time!

;)

• Agree 1

As one operator I knew explained to a new small built female CPL, ref a particular group who were known to become loud and aggressive at times,

"What do you think the fire extinguisher under your legs is for, if you use it to put out a fire you will gas yourself, hit the b.....ds over the head with it !"

• Like 1

A bit odd that the passenger was taken away by helicopter, before the police arrived. I hope he was well restrained for that trip.

Paramedics can't fix stoopid but they can sedate it

Interesting finding out that the 82 year old pax has been a pilot for 50 years. ( 7 news).

I also don't think it was attempted suicide because A- most people who top themselves don't normally take out someone with them.

B- being a very experienced pilot himself, instead of trying to fuel the supply off, he could have simply tried to dive the aircraft towards the ground or rolled her inverted and pulled back on the yoke to dive toward the ground and rip the wings off or hit the ground, what ever occurs first.

This is of course speculation. It will be interesting to fnd out what happened.

Nine news reported that the pax was an experienced pilot with over 50 years under his belt. news stated he used to fly outback and preach the bible. Not very Christian like to try to bring a plane down!

I am itching to here the passenger have his say. Maybee the pilot was doing sumthing bizzare and the passenger needed to get control. Who nos?

You are just trying to piss off the spelling police, right?

• Agree 2
  • Haha 5