6 Warnings before updating to iOS8

Recently updated iPhone 4 to ios7. Big mistake. Phone is really slow for data now. Any way to go back? Tom

Yup, that's when it all went downhill for me. Walked into the Apple store and asked them to remove it and the answer was "Update to iPhone 5 and you will be right.....".

Apparently there are ways on the net to remove the update but not easy, do not do the further updates thinking they fix it, gets even worse.

You would think that someone at Apple would actually be reading the internet because if you check there's a plethora of people with the same complaints.

I might be sounding like a stuck record but I want to repay Apple in kind. I have an Apple laptop as well - yup it bites too, change for the sake of being different, not better. Both were gifted to me, I am at least thankfully I paid for neither.

• Like 1

For me it seems that they are holding themselves back, it would probably be ok if you had 100% apple gear and you had full time access to high speed broadband but that's not my situation. How many other products are there out there that don't have a USB slot or micro sd slot it's those little things that frustrate me no end. They keep saying just upload it to cloud and download it whenever but they don't understand we are not all hooked up to high speed broadband with unlimited downloads!

And then when I do have to download anything of size the stupid things tell me I have to use wifi because it's too large for mobile data so I have to use my iPhone as a hotspot for my iPad and vise versa!!!

Anyway that will do me for a rant but I am looking forward to hearing good reports about ozrunways on android as my contract expires mid next month and I will be looking elsewhere

That's pretty cruel Red, reminds me of the "Water Proof" iPhone app gag! 006_laugh.gif.0f7b82c13a0ec29502c5fb56c616f069.gif

What I thought was another gag is a guy on the net grinding off the protruding camera lens on the iPhone 6, what I thought was the gag was that the lens actually protrudes meaning that it catches on your pockets etc but worst of all, and what would send me crazy, is the phone can not be laid flat, it's like a chair with one short leg. I can't imagine what they were thinking releasing a product like that.

Here's a warning, be aware of Apple's customer service, or rather, lack of it before you decide.

I've never had a problem with them. Prompt replies, often an Aussie speaker, and unhurried, knowledgeable advice. Most of that was also years after their "warranty" had expired as well! Try getting any help from Google.

I've never had a problem with them. Prompt replies, often an Aussie speaker, and unhurried, knowledgeable advice. Most of that was also years after their "warranty" had expired as well! Try getting any help from Google.

Hang on, if you've never had a problem with them then why have you been chasing their service?

Is this an apple thing, I haven't heard of it before, but I am about to start a trial on my laggy phone. I always minimise the windows and close them after use, even phone and message,that helps a lot.

I did this reboot yesterday morning, made a call about 9.00 normally, hung up and about 30 seconds later my phone rang, but no answer buttons on the screen, then blinked to totally a black screen! It took me nearly three hours with uncle Google to sort out how to get it to restart. I should expect this though having the iOS updated to the latest, Built-in obscelecence at play, but Mr Apple has mis-judged, my growing dissatisfaction is with the over-bearing brand, not just this device. The Samsung is looking more attractive. Just one thing bauking me though, my only Samsung phone gave trouble inside it's first year of life and had to be returned 5 times before they would replace it! That takes a bit of coming back from.

Hang on, if you've never had a problem with them then why have you been chasing their service?

Re-read my post. You were talking about Apple customer service, who I have always found to be accessible and helpful.

The problems I have taken to them include rare software glitches which were easily resolved, and my Google mail being hacked, which they helped with. Google were uncontactable; maybe they can't afford to run a call centre support service.

• Like 1

I haven't had trouble with their customer service they always promptly repair/replace any troubled item. It is the product and it's usefulness that annoys me.

My favourite phone of all time was one of the early HTC desires it was by far the easiest smartphone to use I had a Samsung before the iPhone and it was ok but not as user friendly as the HTC but at that time ozrunways was iPad only.

Appren

Just at a restaurant before, a bit away from it's owner 5 star hotel and the WiFi was iffy but had signal.Viber'ed my Daughter in Oz and as usual the moment the number starts ringing the screen goes black and a shake of the phone brings the screen up again (sometimes, sometimes not) to find while it's ringing, the WiFi has dropped out and it's gone from free to full rate service. Besides not being able to see the number pad for extensions while following instructions, I also can't see the loudspeaker button.

I have no idea why they thought it was a good idea and I am peeved that I can't change it like every other phone I have ever owned.

... and that, they tell you what you can and can't do with your phone.

Over it, will have my Galaxy once I have used up all my current credit

Just at a restaurant before, a bit away from it's owner 5 star hotel and the WiFi was iffy but had signal.Viber'ed my Daughter in Oz and as usual the moment the number starts ringing the screen goes black and a shake of the phone brings the screen up again (sometimes, sometimes not) to find while it's ringing, the WiFi has dropped out and it's gone from free to full rate service. Besides not being able to see the number pad for extensions while following instructions, I also can't see the loudspeaker button.

I have no idea why they thought it was a good idea and I am peeved that I can't change it like every other phone I have ever owned.

... and that, they tell you what you can and can't do with your phone.

Over it, will have my Galaxy once I have used up all my current credit.

Apparently my iphone4 cannot be updated to ios8 so will leave as is which works fine