Fatal crash at Wooderson, Qld

Reports on TV that a light plane has crashed at Wooderson, west of Calliope, Qld, with one fatality. No further details available at this stage.

Yes true and a friend so please keep the assumptions out of discussions until the real facts are known. A very, very sad loss for his family, friends and all his club mates. You just never know when your numbers up. You will be sorely missed mate.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

I will pass all your condolences on to his family and friends. Thanks! I know people always say as a matter of respect someone was a great person but in this case this guy was a real gentleman and all round good guy. Thanks again guys.

• Like 3

my sincere condolences to all involved with this tragedy..

Also, being a savannah owner, and with my aircraft currently in pieces for servicing and overhaul, i am interested to find out the cause, but i know here is not the place, so ill be patient and wait for a report, if any.

Although i dont know the pilot very well, i am still in a little bit of shock, as i know the aircraft, and have spoken briefly to the owner at evan head last year. i guess us savannah owners tend to be like a Clayton's family i guess..

A sad day indeed.

• Agree 1

The first and the second fatal Savannah crash in less than twelve months is a shock, dragged us all back to reality, they will bite you too. I am still glad I trained in one, they are still very versatile and forgiving aircraft.

• Like 1

Still no word on what might of caused this tragic disaster???

All us Savannah flyers are concerned, and need to know more, so we can avoid a similar tragedy......

JG

Still no word on what might of caused this tragic disaster???All us Savannah flyers are concerned, and need to know more, so we can avoid a similar tragedy......

JG

RAAus assisted the Police with the investigation on this one and many others in the past.

I have yet to see ANY findings ever published at all let alone a summary within 30 days like the ATSB do.

All that has to be stated is that the course was not structural if indeed this is the case on these fatal / serious accidents.

Mike

• Agree 1

Guest Maj Millard

All, please refer to post # 16 by Rick P....although the investigation is ongoing there is a very good chance weather played a big part in this one, rather than any mechanical cause. A medical condition can't be ruled out until results of PM are in....there was low fog in the area that may have formed after the aircraft took off. It appears he may have been returning to his departure field..................Maj....

• 7 months later...
Guest Maj Millard

Spoke to a local who knew the deceased recently, seems possibly foggy conditions prevailed in the area, and the pilot may have lost VFR conditions on attempting a return to his home field. Low time in the aircraft he was flying, and low recent flight time may also have contributed.