RAAus AGM This Saturday at YLED Lethbridge Victoria

Spriteah

That's me in the stripy t shirt in Maj's first picture. I was impressed with how professionally the meeting was run. I am reassured that we are in good hands. Vis coming home was crap due to burn offs north of Lethbridge.

• Like 1
  • Informative 2
  • Caution 1

• Replies 192
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

yes went well good news is that it has been confirmed in writing and verbely that

lame l2 l3 can make an aeroplane air worthy with these defects

bent undercarriage

cracked windscreen

egt not working

flap indercator not working

replace motor not to rotax installation manual

does not have to have repair manual for said plane or tec data

bent engine frame

bent rudder peddles

no weight and balance done

so all off you that that have bent over and been scewed because no weight and balance

the court says you don't have to abide by rules so just chuck it to gether its air worthy

ra aus cant have it they have broken our rules and reg as well as air law by condoning the findings

now at the meeting it was stated that we need to get more members we as body need to sell recflying more as a safe sport

no bloody way as to what has been done to me neil

• Helpful 1
  • Informative 2

Guest Maj Millard

image.jpg.052b88d16f7fa1cffb246ae044a6219e.jpg [ATTACH=full]32486[/ATTAC

Finally got to met Matt and look at his very nicely finished Skyfox with 100hp 912.............good collection of nice aircraft at Lethbridge today........[/ATTACH]

image.jpg.f4d1b7ce142873ad489abd92b25382db.jpg

image.jpg.5150ef566a6a31b54aa71981da79c8fb.jpg

image.jpg.294dc874af96075be55e28ffe4a92da9.jpg

image.jpg.4ddc302f6684e17afc8a0fb4832a929b.jpg

AGM is still in session, general discussion session to begin shortly....there was also an informal General discussion session around the BBQ prior to the AGM starting.......some very valuable discussions with interested members, some who had flown some distance to be here at Lethbridge. Lots of valuable back and forth AGM discussion still occurring as I write this.......Maj....

Anything more about what was discussed at the AGM and informal meeting? Sadly wasn't able to make it down, but keen to hear about what came up and any future directions?

• Agree 1

Guest Maj Millard
Anything more about what was discussed at the AGM and informal meeting? Sadly wasn't able to make it down, but keen to hear about what came up and any future directions?

Should be reports out on both within seven days........I was very encouraged by the hour so of Q&A between the board, CEO an excutive at he AGM at Lethbridge airfield in Vic. The content of discussion was mostly friendly , constructive and positive which shows me that we have moved on from the 'bad' days and into a more productive time for the organization as a whole.A very productive board meeting followed on Sunday morning at Geelong also with lots of positive ground being covered................Maj......

Guest Andys@coffs
Looks like the RAA is sliding back into the "who cares" zone.

No......I would say based on my 1st exposure that you have 13 board members who very much care, and a CEO that is more than capable enough to take us in the direction we direct!

I saw none of the behaviour that in the past caused me and a bunch of you to arc up to make changes.

Apparently, on the basis of reported meetings/interactions CASA is seeing similar change.

Do not take any of that to mean major changes (in other than board) have happened, but plans are in place, funded and approved, and I believe will now start to be delivered.

Don't ask for more detail yet, most of what you will want to know about will be reported in the minutes shortly which I believe will contain an executive summary of outcomes and actions and, other details as required under the constitution.

Andy

FT, what exactly do you mean here? Your posts in many threads leave me wondering what you are actually trying to get across.

PLEASE spend a bit of time constructing a response that I for one can understand.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1
  • Informative 1
  • Caution 4

I don't want to be negative but ft is always negative. The people working for us at the moment don't deserve his comments. Any one was welcome to be there and no questions were treated with disrespect. I'm quietly confident that we have a good team. Nev

• Agree 2

I missed the AGM proper, but I did make the Q&A afterwards. I though that by-and-large the discussion was honest, intelligent, realistic and generally well considered. I walked away feeling that issues raised were acknowledged and mostly understood. I felt some reassurance that realistic actionable plans in place or being developed for at least some of these concerns.

This was my first exposure to the RAAus executive/management team. There were a couple of times they honestly said that their comments were going to be limited either for confidentiality or legal reasons. But I think the way this was said showed recognition of the environment in which they and the organisation operates.

Couple of things I do remember off the top of my head.

- There was some discussion of working more with SAAA, HGFA and others where it made sense.

- A change in direction to use email as a practical and quick way to communicate with members highlighting that 6-week lead-time in Sport Pilot was too slow.

- More data collection (including surveys) that can be used as statistical evidence to make and support decisions and action were warranted. (remember the topic of the first survey)

- New ops manual is now with CASA

- Potential group buying to pass on benefit to members.

- creating a non-blame reporting environment with a focus on education

- future programs to attract the next generation of members. Discussion of the whole (future) social media thing, but very mindful that it needs to be managed and resourced.

- Lots of positive comments about training standards.

I am sure minutes will be published in due course.

Overall, I haven't had the bad experiences that some forum members report, so I have nothing to compare this to. But it didn't seem like an organisation in "crisis".

• Like 1
  • Agree 1
  • Informative 3

I don't want to be negative but ft is always negative. The people working for us at the moment don't deserve his comments. Any one was welcome to be there and no questions were treated with disrespect. I'm quietly confident that we have a good team. Nev

I think something deeper is going on with FT. I typed Fly Tornado into the good old anagram solver and it came up with:

Draft Loony

Lad For Tony

Try And Fool

Fly and Root

Yon Far Dolt

Lad Of No Try

Maybe he works for ASIO and is sorting us into ASIC categories according to our responses.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
  • Informative 1

Guest Maj Millard

Way way off mark there FT...the Inaccuracy we've come to expect from you unfortunatly.....

Guest Maj Millard
So what did they say then Deborah?

Turbo...patience please, the constitution says that a report should be forthcoming within 7 days....considering the length of both the AGM and board meeting. I know board secretariat Kelly Stirton will do her very best to comply...........

Guest Maj Millard
This is one instance where anything's possible. I doubt I will get a good report. (But what's new)?

Maybe if you became a financial member Facto you'd be in the same info loop as the rest of us.............

Guest Maj Millard
Board privelege knowing Nevs member ship status ?

Don't need board privelege ( even if it did exist !) Deborah....he has stated it several times on this forum.............Maj....

Maj,

Without guys and girls dedicated to the RAA like you and the others board members we would not have the privileges we have today, yes it is not perfect but it is getting better than before, don't listen to the negatives or Fools Talk, a lot of people on here appreciate what you guys do for us, some on here would whinge if they won 2,000,000 in lotto last week because someone else won 3,000,000 the week before.

Can't please everyone.

Good job guys

Alf

• Like 1
  • Agree 4

Guest Maj Millard
Maj,Without guys and girls dedicated to the RAA like you and the others board members we would not have the privileges we have today, yes it is not perfect but it is getting better than before, don't listen to the negatives or Fools Talk, a lot of people on here appreciate what you guys do for us, some on here would whinge if they won 2,000,000 in lotto last week because someone else won 3,000,000 the week before.

Can't please everyone.

Good job guys

Alf

Thanks Alf...........