Airspace in Australia

Ignition

• Replies 160
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

EASA VLA is very like CASA/FAA LSA except up to 750 kg (and no cruise speed limit). From the great wizard of Wiki:

Was there a point where I suggested we should ask to allow EASA CS-VLA planes into RA-Aus, where I said 'I don't know what VLA is, please explain it to me using the wikipedia page'? Am I that bad at communicating, or is this more of the mansplaining that happens in association with the rampant sexism around here?

• Haha 2

650 to 700kg would be plenty for many 2 seaters..

I think that would allow a lot better safety due to route planning priorities and more fuel rather than everyone scraping for every last gram of luggage or fuel, or worse just blatently ignoring the rules.

• Agree 2

If you are ever going to build a 2 seater from anything but exotic (expensive and complex) materials you need those weights to work with. CASA suggested 762 Kgs a while back, which just happened to co-incide with the 152 and tomahawk weights. I throw that in as info only. A steel tube fuse and wood spar hi wing is about 340 kgs empty if you are lucky so do your calcs from there. I can't see many of us being able to afford Rotax four stroke prices either at possible exchange rates. Costs of imported complete aircraft dictate more building should happen in the future to simple proven designs. Look up EAA Biplane as an example of what can be done . I'm not suggesting the exact type be used, but the principle be applied.. That was done many years ago. Very safe approach..Nev

• Like 1

Why would a SAAA member with an RV want an option from VH rego. That is what I fly and I can legally fly it without paying RAAus membership or registration fees. Don't even need a class 2 medical. Of course I have those fees to pay to be able to fly the Corby, but I could re register it as GA.

If you have an RPC, why couldn't you get an RPL, do the training for CTA and go at it?

Some of us can not pass a class 2 medical or the stupid CASA "improved" Ausroads medical fiasco. I can pass the Ausroads no problem but add the CASA additions and no

I was accidently prescribed a wrong medication for sleep issues and its now taken me over 14 months to try and get my class 2 medical passed... The DAME declared me fit 14 months ago as did my GP, but becuase i cant get in to see the Dr that prescribed the wrong medication CASA has simply been stopping me from progressing...until i could get a report on why i was prescribed this medication for a sleep issue....

Today i finally got a partial break through, they said i can go to my GP and DAME and get a letter declaring me fit...

Wtf they did that 14 months ago???? good old CASA

One really has to wonder why anyone has to meet the stringent requirments of airline pilots for anything...

Surely cargo aircraft, PPL , UAV and other pilots could get by on a lower level medical

• Agree 1