SB inspect heads

jetjr

Have spoken with Keith many times in the past and on this subject and others. He is very knowledgeable and knows Jabiu's well.

I was making the point that I don't believe that Jabiru are as helpful as they ought to be, the washers is an example, instead of fixing they blame dust, a lot of other issues are simply operator or maintenance error. I can see that the metal is soft on the washers, what's wrong with Jabiru are their eyes painted on ! Dust may be a cause but cars don't wear valve washers on dusty roads.

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A question, are we supposed to check RAA website before every flight just incase we need to inspect a new crack or oil leak, before next flight

Notification of these issues really should be improved

Id suggest 90+ % of jabiru engine owners wont know about this until next magazine arrives and is read or L2 service or someone tells them

If its so critical that the aircaft be withdrawn from service there needs to be more efficient system. We can now get thank you messages but not SA or SB bulletins sent to us on email.

As Don mentioned, is this just Tech guys protecting RAA/themselves?........to the cost of owners............who actually are the RAA .....?

Perhap employees echoing attitudes seen around them regarding Jabiru

• Agree 4

There will always be a cost in this "support". IF there is actually a need to "Inspect before next flight", there would need to be a better system (SMS concept) of quick, assured communication. to those responsible for each aircraft. You also have to be informed of what action is required to return the aircraft to service if indeed that is necessary if a crack is found. or clarify what extent of crack is permitted. I'm not suggesting what I have just said applies here in respect to these cracks, and I wonder how "dangerous" they are. In a previous post I referred to cracks that are of a much more serious nature than this location seems to be and they HAVE occurred , but are there any AD's on those? Nev

• Helpful 1