Tomo gets a Pacer!

Tomo

• 5 weeks later...
Congrats Tomo. I assume it is one of the two that have been advertised at Albury??Cheers

I remember speaking with a CFI from Albury, in the early 1990's - who had purchased a Pacer to do ab initio training. It was of interest to me because I'd bought a C170A in 1991, and had been pestered by a Jandakot flying school to put it online there for the same purpose. Ab initio training!! 033_scratching_head.gif.b541836ec2811b6655a8e435f4c1b53a.gif He was in the process of selling it, or otherwise removing it from the flightline because Albury only had the single runway, and they'd experienced a number of 'runway excursions' in the Pacer. Might have been the same machine as yours?

There was another Pacer in Victoria which was purchased by an ex RPT Captain, but it was damaged during his conversion training due to the young instructor 'assuming' the Captain didn't really need any advice. I think this would have been around 2000-2003?

Clearly, they will 'bite' if mishandled. happy days,

Guest Maj Millard
I remember speaking with a CFI from Albury, in the early 1990's - who had purchased a Pacer to do ab initio training. It was of interest to me because I'd bought a C170A in 1991, and had been pestered by a Jandakot flying school to put it online there for the same purpose. Ab initio training!! 033_scratching_head.gif.b541836ec2811b6655a8e435f4c1b53a.gif He was in the process of selling it, or otherwise removing it from the flightline because Albury only had the single runway, and they'd experienced a number of 'runway excursions' in the Pacer. Might have been the same machine as yours? There was another Pacer in Victoria which was purchased by an ex RPT Captain, but it was damaged during his conversion training due to the young instructor 'assuming' the Captain didn't really need any advice. I think this would have been around 2000-2003?

Clearly, they will 'bite' if mishandled. happy days,

Pots, Any taildragger will have a go if your asleep at the wheel.........some are more keen to kill you then others.....

Pots, Any taildragger will have a go if your asleep at the wheel.........some are more keen to kill you then others.....

Yes, as a callow 23 yo, I learned on C180's and C185's. They could be very difficult with a big load and a quartering wind! happy days,

• 2 weeks later...

Tomo, would be interested in what indicated power off stall speed you are getting with say two up and what you would consider was a minimum (grass) field length.

I have been looking at a 160hp Pacer. I have 400m strip with another 200m clear approach.

Cheers

All fixed up! Flies magically, we are very happy with it… once this weather calms down will fly it home from Toowoomba.

10412002_10200157749143229_2273004944297879741_n.jpg?oh=ae714a0517cb8245b9202c18d1036766&oe=54FD4064&__gda__=1430549362_3d1a92291e09930df3806cd8ba53cc08

Looks great Tomo, know what you mean about the weather, might have to wait a few days yet before setting off south.