Help with podcast

Sounds good, you must be getting close to solo now! Was supposed to fly today, but the weather up here is uninspiring. Fun quiz at the end, and i like the transition sounds better on this one!

Thanks for the good feedback. I am fairly close to solo but the weather has been terrible down this way lately, sounds like Sydney is getting some similar weather. I will hopefully expand the quiz for the next episode and try and get a regular schedule going.

Thanks again.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

The third episode of the Go Flying Australia Podcast was released yesterday!

In this episode I will be playing Part 1 of an interview that I recorded with Mike Sharples ('Avocet' on the forum) who is an experienced Recreational Pilot and Kit Builder from South Australia (Part 2 will be in a later episode).

This episode would be interesting for anyone who is a builder of kit aircraft or is interested in building kit aircraft in the future.

[MEDIA=audio]http://traffic.libsyn.com/goflying/Go_Flying_Australia_Podcast_003.mp3[/MEDIA]

Click here for details

Link to Itunes to listen for Apple device users

Thank you so much for all of the forum members who have contacted me with their feedback so far.

Quiz

I hope you can try out the quiz at the end of the episode (35 minute 10 second mark) and let me know how many questions you got right.

Feedback

I would love to hear any feed back (both good/bad) by the following means:

- Comments below this post

- Direct Message on the forum

- Comments function on my website www.goflying.net

- Contact form on my website

I would be interested to hear some show ideas if you have any and please let me know if you are able to be interviewed for an episode. I have the gear to be able to do cockpit audio so recording some audio in flight is something I would be interested in.

Thanks for taking the time to read this!

Cheers,

Adam

• Agree 1

There is one quick correction podcast episode number 3. In the interview Mike said that the Aero Pup had aluminium wings but what he meant to say was that the Aero Pup has fabric covered wings and aluminium flaps and ailerons.

http://www.aeropup.com

On other matters did anyone get all the answers to the quiz questions below:

Click here for these answers

General Aviation

1.What are the 3 most produced civilian aircraft of all time?

2. Which Aircraft earned its certification on the same day as the stock market crash of 1929.

3. What year did the first beechcraft bonanza fly?

Recreational Aircraft Quiz

1. Which company produces the CT series of light sport aircraft and where are they based?

2. According to the FAA (Federation Aviation Authority) what is the maximum takeoff weight in pounds and stall speed in Kts for LSA in the USA.

3. Name all the Jabiru Aircraft available to be purchased in Australian in both kit form and factory built?

Guess the aircraft quiz

What aircraft am I?

I first flew in 1978.

I have two seats.

My max takeoff weight was 760 kg.

I was an attempt by a company to break into the two seat trainer market.

I have a low wing.

My production run was short.

I have a lycoming engine.

I have a t tail.

Well done if you got the answers, Hope you can join me for the next quiz on the next episode.

• 2 weeks later...
I like the guess the aircraft. First one I ever flew painted beige (probably was white to begin with) and orange trim... ;)

Thanks I will continue the 'guess the aircraft' segment for the next episode. How long did it take you to guess?

Thanks for listening!

Thanks I will continue the 'guess the aircraft' segment for the next episode. How long did it take you to guess?Thanks for listening!

I had the wrong plane. Every one of those clues is the same as a tomahawk.

• Agree 1

The Forth episode of the Go Flying Australia Podcast was released yesterday.

Thanks so much to anyone who has downloaded the podcast, I have been surprised by the huge amount of support with more than 1000 downloads so far.

[MEDIA=audio]http://traffic.libsyn.com/goflying/Go_Flying_Australia_Podcast_004.mp3[/MEDIA]

Link to Itunes to listen for Apple device users.

Click here for the show notes on my website.

I had a great time talking to Howard Hughes from Australian Lightwing on the podcast. Howard is the owner of Howard Hughes Engineering which manufactures a number of single engine piston aircraft in Ballina, NSW.

Howard tells a number of interesting and funny stories from his aviation career including:

- Flying early hang gliders

- Flying early ultralights

- Test flying the first design of the Lightwing

- Test flying a new propellor and having a mayday call responded to by a RAAF F111

I hope to be able to interview Howard for a part 2 to talk about his expanding range of light aircraft that he is building at Ballina. Please go to the Lightwing website below to check out the awesome Lightwing range of aircraft.

Check out all of the Lightwing aircraft for sale here.

Thank you so much for all of the forum members who have contacted me with their feedback so far.

I would be interested to hear some show ideas if you have any and please let me know if you are able to be interviewed for an episode. I have the gear to be able to do cockpit audio so recording some audio in flight is something I would be interested in.

Cheers,

Adam

• Like 2

What a great effort from Adam , young guy , just gone solo , a real enthusiest ,

Its effort like this that been sadly missing from our ranks , Adam is interested in anything aviation and is ready to talk to anyone ,

Its realy fun although a bit daunting , knowing your being recorded ,

If you've got something aviation to say , give him a ring , just to have a chat ,

His editing skills will amaze you ,

I found after 40 mins of waffling on , hes able to make you sound , not half bad !.

Cheers Mike

• Like 1

What a great effort from Adam , young guy , just gone solo , a real enthusiest ,Its effort like this that been sadly missing from our ranks , Adam is interested in anything aviation and is ready to talk to anyone ,

If you've got something aviation to say , give him a ring , just to have a chat ,

I found after 40 mins of waffling on , hes able to make you sound , not half bad !.

Cheers Mike

Could not agree more. BTW Mike yours was really interesting, looking forward to part 2 of yours. did you catch the one on the Lightwings?

• Like 1

Could not agree more. BTW Mike yours was really interesting, looking forward to part 2 of yours. did you catch the one on the Lightwings?

No not yet , we have wait for a good internet signal day out here !

Most days i carnt even post on the forum , most irritating !.

• Like 1

What a great effort from Adam , young guy , just gone solo , a real enthusiest ,Its effort like this that been sadly missing from our ranks , Adam is interested in anything aviation and is ready to talk to anyone ,

Cheers Mike

Thanks mike! It was great having you on the show and in the process learning about kit aircraft!

Your episode has been quite popular with 250 dowloads so far.

I can't wait to chat more about the avocet aircraft you have produced.

I would love to hear from more people in aviation, especially anyone wanting to promote one of our great flying training facilities.

The overall goal of the podcast is to get more people involved in aviation.

• Like 2
  • Agree 1

Thanks mike! It was great having you on the show and in the process learning about kit aircraft!Your episode has been quite popular with 250 dowloads so far.

I can't wait to chat more about the avocet aircraft you have produced.

I would love to hear from more people in aviation, especially anyone wanting to promote one of our great flying training facilities.

The overall goal of the podcast is to get more people involved in aviation.

Great Adam, always love to hear from more flyers!! especially other student pilots.

• Like 1

Loved chatting with Mike. I learnt a lot about kit building and have learnt a lot from mike about aviation in general chatting offline as well.

Kudos to Mike for recommending I talk to Howard Hughes as well for ep 4! Turned out well!

Great Adam, always love to hear from more flyers!! especially other student pilots.

You might like to check out some of the other aviation podcast by student pilots

-Maiden flight podcast

-in the pattern podcast

-aviation careers podcast

Not student pilot related but awesome

-airplane geeks

• Agree 1

I thoroughly enjoyed listening to the Howard Hughes interview, he is a legend for having a go. Good work Adam.

Thanks so much, I had such a great time chatting with Howard. I hope to talk further with him in the future about some of the exciting things his company is developing including a new aircraft.

Is there anything more specific you would like to hear about and I can try and record some content around that?

I hope you can stay with the podcast for the next few episodes.

• Agree 1

• 2 weeks later...

The fifth episode (Trike Flying) of the Go Flying Australia Podcast was released yesterday!

Click below to listen or listen on your apple or android device.

[MEDIA=audio]http://traffic.libsyn.com/goflying/Go_Flying_Australia_Podcast_005.mp3[/MEDIA]

I would love to hear more about trike (Microlight) flying including if anyone has any ideas about getting more people involved in this type of flying.

In this episode I talk with Peter Counsell. Peter is a trike pilot and the owner of Trike Mag which is an online magazine which covers topics related to trike flying around the world. In the interview we discuss a number of things about trikes including the process of learning to fly, the costs of buying and owning a trikes and most importantly how people can get involved in this exciting sport.

Click here for details

Link to Itunes to listen for Apple device users

Feedback

Cheers,

Adam

• Agree 1
  • Winner 1