Yet another Jab down.....

Guest Maj Millard

• Replies 436
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

To Jabiru Fleet,

Will the silent majority please become vocal as soon as possible to protect your flying privileges!! Rodney Stiff and Susan Woods have just landed in Canberra and will be meeting with CASA @ 11am tomorrow morning with Legal Representation and will be fighting for your privileges!! WE NEED YOUR SUPPORT URGENTLY by responding to Lee Ungermann at email: [email protected]via the below link as we only have a week for responses to be submitted Refer to Link:http://www.casa.gov.au/scripts/nc.dll?WCMS%3ASTANDARD%3A%3Apc=PC_102279

(07) 4155 1778

Fax: (07) 4155 2669

www.jabiru.net.au

www.facebook.com/JabiruAircraft

Regulations and Policy

[*]Enforcement action

[*]Policy notices

[*]Regulation reform

[*]CNS-ATM

[*]Australia's state safety program

[*]Safety information policy statement

Consultation Draft – CD1425SS – Operating limitations for aircraft fitted with Jabiru engines

Background

CASA is responding to a high, and increasing, rate of engine failures among aircraft that are powered by engines manufactured by, or under licence from, Jabiru Aircraft Pty Ltd (Jabiru). Such aircraft are referred to in this document as 'Jabiru powered aircraft'.

The issues appear to be the result of several failure modes, which require separate investigation.

CASA has formed the view that its functions under the Civil Aviation Act 1988 require it to mitigate certain risks to passengers, trainee pilots and persons on the ground.

Accordingly, while CASA works with Jabiru to identify the causes of these engine failures and to implement appropriate corrective actions, CASA proposes a set of operating limitations on Jabiru powered aircraft.

Additional information

Email: [email protected]

Documents

13 November 2014

All comments should be submitted via the Project Leader, Lee Ungermann by close of business 20 November 2014.

POST EDITED AS IT DOES NOT ADD VALUE - MOD

I highly doubt that the chief enchiladas at CASA convened a high level meeting to discuss what is said on the RA forums or anywhere else for that matter.

I'm not CASA's greatest fan by any stretch of the imagination, but they generally don't make decisions to put severe restrictions on aircraft without a substantial input of incident/accident data. In fact getting them to make any decisions at all usually requires heaven and earth to be moved. perhaps some serious effort should be put into permanently addressing the actual cause (or causes) of the problems.

I've said in numerous posts on this forum that, like everyone else in the Australian (and World) aviation community, you ignore the concerns of the regulators at your own peril. That principle is not ever going to change, no matter how hard you stomp your feet on the floor!

• Agree 11

Some have commented proudly on their submissions to CASA on the issue. Including board members and even comments from management of RAA

Youd be naieve to think bureaucrats, formly in charge of the problem, would ignore this for too long.

Plenty of emotional irrational thought gos on regarding the issue in the past, Jabiru owners turn.

See RAA has released their comments

• Agree 2

To Jabiru Fleet,Will the silent majority please become vocal as soon as possible to protect your flying privileges!! Rodney Stiff and Susan Woods have just landed in Canberra and will be meeting with CASA @ 11am tomorrow morning with Legal Representation and will be fighting for your privileges!! WE NEED YOUR SUPPORT URGENTLY by responding to Lee Ungermann at email: [email protected]via the below link as we only have a week for responses to be submitted Refer to Link:http://www.casa.gov.au/scripts/nc.dll?WCMS%3ASTANDARD%3A%3Apc=PC_102279

(07) 4155 1778

Fax: (07) 4155 2669

www.jabiru.net.au

www.facebook.com/JabiruAircraft

Head in the sand. IMO. To hear countless stories of Jabiru not giving a stuff about its customers after money has changed hands and then pretend they are in Canberra fighting for customer's privileges...???

• Agree 2

Ok, I have had to spend nearly 2 hrs of my very valuable time, because I have more important things to do, going through every single post and editing anything that was not relevant or was made in a derogative manner to another forum member.

I am not happy and some what disgusted that users of this site, ALL with the common interest of recreational aviation, trying to help each other out, can make public attacks against another one of OUR OWN fraternity. Get a life!!!!!

And to those very very sick people that wrote to the RAAus board complaining about board members posting here have devalued their investment, you are mentally disturbed because firstly board members are recreational aviators and fly just like we all do and have the right to post what they personally feel. Why don't you bastards write a letter to all those non-board members that also post, try that you idiots. These people, along with others here are only TRYING to save YOUR life. Perhaps the universe had you ticked for an engine failure on the 18th Jan 2015 BUT what is transpiring at this very important point in the history of recreational aviation may change that universe tick and you don't have an engine failure and live a long, happy and prosperous life. You really pi$$ me off and you know who you are!!!

Furthermore I welcome the input from board members on this site, IT IS an independent site and free from big brother control (RAAus, CASA etc) so give board members the right to post as themselves and if you want clarification or more info then bloody ring them.

Lastly, and I will reopen this thread now that editing has been done, and I give no apologies for that, post if you like but NEVER EVER post ANY text that is in any way derogatory to another site user. Post your opinion anywhere in any thread on the site but do not pin point another site user in any negative way...or else, and Admin will always have the last say by simply clicking the BIG DELETE button...USE THIS VERY VALUABLE RESOURCE TO HELP EACH OTHER, NOT ATTACK EACH OTHER FOR HAVING A DIFFERENT OPINION

• Like 5
  • Agree 4
  • Informative 1
  • Winner 1

Thanks Ian. WE MUST be able to discuss these things in a civilised and respectful way. Nev

Agreed, but unfortunately on most internet forums there are also odd occasions where commentary can become so daft that the sugar-coating really needs to be left behind.

A couple of years and a couple of dozen flying hours in aviation has taught me this. I always attempt to be polite whilst being a straight shooter. Regrettably not everyone on the receiving end of straight shooting likes it!

• Agree 1