A " legend"

flyerme

Interesting legal challenge. It wasn't road registered, so driving unregistered? But a plane doesn't have to be road registered and sometimes is ok to taxi on a road. But what if it was not airworthy? ( absence of wings would point that way). Was his licence current? Or would it be better to pull out his driver's licence and say it was an unregistered road vehicle?

The prop would be a hazard to pedestrians , is there a fine for that? I once was told by police to remove the vice I had mounted on the bull bar of my mobil mechanic 4x4 because it could be a hazard to pedestrians.

Interesting legal challenge. It wasn't road registered, so driving unregistered? But a plane doesn't have to be road registered and sometimes is ok to taxi on a road. But what if it was not airworthy? ( absence of wings would point that way). Was his licence current? Or would it be better to pull out his driver's licence and say it was an unregistered road vehicle?

Unregistered

Headlights/tail lights/stop light/no high-low beam/problems

No warning device (horn)

No indicators

Over width

No windscreen wipers

Excessive noise/no muffler?

$1500 in the Magistrates Court. Beats a CASA prosecution, they start at about $5000.

Kaz

I would suggest it is a vehicle & motor vehicle when you consider the definition under the Act. Only has to roadworthy to operate on a road, other offences can be committed "elsewhere then on a road"

vehicle includes any type of transport that moves on wheels

and a hovercraft but does not include a train or tram.

motor vehicle means a vehicle propelled by a motor that forms part of the vehicle, and—

(a) includes a trailer attached to the vehicle; but

(b) does not include a motorised scooter or a power-assisted bicycle.

• Like 1

I read a book about the flying doctor Clyde Fenton out of Katherine one sunday landed in the main street for a drink at the pub, the cop did not know what to charge him with, but told him to get it out of town, the cops blocked off the street and he flew it out.033_scratching_head.gif.b541836ec2811b6655a8e435f4c1b53a.gif

• Like 2