Best Value RA-Aus Training in $ per Hr Dual??

Well up this way (SE QLD) it around $220-$250 average for the schools that come up in searches.... also a lot of the ones recommended here are in that bracket. Mainly Jabs and foxbats..... and the occasional Tecnam. As stated $ is a very crude metric but still needs to be taken into consideration

• Informative 1
  • More 1

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well you can work out what the dual extra is as the hire rate for aircraft only will be available. I have known of some that apparently charge for briefings, and that some don't always give them before and/or after every flight. Nev

Well you can work out what the dual extra is as the hire rate for aircraft only will be available. I have known of some that apparently charge for briefings, and that some don't always give them before and/or after every flight. Nev

My experience is that a flight school is better to have a very simple structure. Include the landing fees, parking fees, any allocation for briefing plus GST into the end price. We don't even split 'supervised' solo from dual anymore. My guess is that one of the major contributors to the chargeout price is whether the aircraft is being financed. This can kill a school with low annual utilisation.

• Like 1
  • Informative 1

• 2 weeks later...

hey squizzyhunter i also have trained at coominya flight training with john and after a short break am about to continue this year with my training ,im live in the laidley heights area near gatton so it is pretty close for me.I also had friends father go there to do some training as well. I know David (magishme) and his family from meeting at the flying and we have gone flying together a number of times. I like it there at coominya as it is not an overly busy airstrip and John and his wife Lynda have an easy and outgoing friendly nature. There are also a few other pilots and student pilots who are good to talk to .That being said though I believe wherever you choose you will find that type of friendliness in this type of activity as we all do this because we love the idea of flying and it is a great way to meet new friends and get to places throughout the country. So yeah even though the mighty dollar rules we have in this area of south east qld a number of FTF to choose from so definately call a few people and see how you go.Well i had better wind this up as im sure the other readers on here will probably all be getting a tear in their eye. Oh and you must agree how good it is to read such good natured banter between members hey.....008_roflmao.gif.692a1fa1bc264885482c2a384583e343.gif

• Like 1

read such good natured banter between members hey.....

Most involved in aviation, share a common interest and fellowship and go out of their way to assist fellow aviators when needed. Always the odd exception unfortunately e.g. There is one locally becoming persona non grata at an increasing number of locations, but that's life.

• Haha 1
  • Winner 1

read such good natured banter between members hey.....Most involved in aviation, share a common interest and fellowship and go out of their way to assist fellow aviators when needed. Always the odd exception unfortunately e.g. There is one locally becoming persona non grata at an increasing number of locations, but that's life.

theres always 1 who doesnt want to play nice i suppose

• Agree 1