robinsm

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

www.casa.gov.au/download/caaps/ops/235_1.pdf

CAAP 235-1

Standard weights should not be used in aircraft with less than seven seats

11. Because the probability of overloading a small aircraft is high if standard weights

are used, the use of standard weights in aircraft with less than seven seats is

inadvisable. Load calculations for these aircraft should be made using actual weights

arrived at by weighing all occupants and baggage.

• Agree 4

www.casa.gov.au/download/caaps/ops/235_1.pdf 

CAAP 235-1

Standard weights should not be used in aircraft with less than seven seats

11. Because the probability of overloading a small aircraft is high if standard weights

are used, the use of standard weights in aircraft with less than seven seats is

inadvisable. Load calculations for these aircraft should be made using actual weights

arrived at by weighing all occupants and baggage.

Even airlines that have aircraft with less than 20 seats (Metroliner etc) weigh the pax and baggage.

Mike

Even airlines that have aircraft with less than 20 seats (Metroliner etc) weigh the pax and baggage.Mike

A very sensible approach. People invariably tell you their weight is far less than actual, and all fib about the weight of their 'cabin baggage'. If airlines don't start reining in the cabin bag explosion, we'll see injuries the next time there's a rejected takeoff or some serious turbulence. Recently flew USAir in an Airbus 320 where there was so much cabin baggage that it was stowed in the exit row leg space. If only the FAA had been a fly-on-the-wall there! happy days,

Cabin baggage stowed in the exit, would be my cue to complain to the cabin staff. Just advise that if we take off like that you will be contacting IATA. I did that once in Indonesia and they stopped the taxi to take off and took the luggage out and placed it in the cargo hold.

• Agree 2

Cabin baggage stowed in the exit, would be my cue to complain to the cabin staff. Just advise that if we take off like that you will be contacting IATA. I did that once in Indonesia and they stopped the taxi to take off and took the luggage out and placed it in the cargo hold.

Yes well I can remember in the 90s in Cambodia working with the UNITED and YWAM I was in a Cambodian Airways twin RPT (yes I did get that right). We took off from Steung Treng airport for Pnom Phen in a Russion turboprop about the size of an old Focker Friendship. No one put on seat belts and we loaded livestock and motor bikes in the back, I couldn't believe it. It took the whole bloody runway to get off. My mate a missionary up there at the time had aranged for me to visit the cockpit in flight and they put me in the right hand seat and let me bank the aircraft from a heading to heading ... How is that for a breach of regulations ... Hhhmmmm third world countries .. Life is cheap. I could tell you much more, but maybe I wont ... LOL

Oh what he heck,. . . I guess I could just about manage on Six grand a week. . . . OK, . . . I'll share it with you then !

hmmm, you want to be careful on a job like that offering to share the load...

coljones said:

And the reason for other aircraft types subsidising 95.10 is?

To keep the likes of Me flying. Buggxx, I'm not,

Drove Sydney to Cairns @ 14.5 lps 100 klms, 400 klms per tank. lots of stops. and BACK in ten days.

I NEED to FLY.

I had to pick-up a two seater trike as I ca'nt pass my exams, And I'll get some one with a licence\ certificate to get me were I NEED to be.

Also what constitutes a high performance plane; is it the HummelBirds 140 mph speed (in a dive LoL)

Certainly not it's 4 lts per hour fuel consumption, ( wish my car was that good).

spacesailor