Tyro MK2. What are they like?

newairly

Hi to all,

Does anyone have any comments, good, bad, about the Tyro MK2 single seater 95.10 ultralight.

I am looking for something simple and economical to operate from my own property

where I can make a 300 metre paddock strip. The Tyro seems to come up at attractive price second hand and seems designed for what I want to do which is just fun local flying from bush strips. A single seater will do me.

I am currently converting from gliding and training on a Drifter so it would help if the characteristics were similar.

Cheers,

Phil

G'day Phil,

Haven't flown one myself but saw the designer/builder fly one at the Goolwa air show a couple of years ago. He certainly put it through it's places, especially at very slow speed. Seemed stable enough. There's one for sale in this months mag at $6000.

Cheers, Doug

Thanks for those comments Chris.

I was hoping that it would be that sort of aircraft. Just what I think I am looking for. I would imagine that the running costs would be relatively low also.

I have looked at the web site and various pictures but there is nothing like other peoples comments.

I hear that there is also a modified version with aluminium covered wings.

Phil

Guest Fred Bear
Thanks again Chris,I have seen the ads in RAA and enquired about the one at St George (although I was unaware where it was). Waiting for more details.

Phil

Not too hard to get to from your neck of the woods mate. I would head to Moree, then up to St George that way.