Dunedoo AIRSTRIP ??

Guest Pilotpj

Does anyone have any info' on a servicable airstrip at Dunedoo (NSW)? I'd be grateful for any info eg. Lat & long, owned by and a contact number if possible. There is what looks to be an airstrip about 2NM east of the township?? Google Earth picture for this part of the world is not terribly good.

Any help would be appreciated guys.

Cheers, Peter

Guest Fred Bear

Peter, supposed to be:

Latitude32.02763º S 32º 01" 39.48' SLongitude149.4503º E 149º 27" 0.98' E

Not too sure mate maybe call Dubbo Council?? Can try and find out some more but there is one there. I have seen it some time ago.

Peter, supposed to be:

Latitude32.02763º S 32º 01" 39.48' SLongitude149.4503º E 149º 27" 0.98' E

Not too sure mate maybe call Dubbo Council?? Can try and find out some more but there is one there. I have seen it some time ago.

Dear Darren,

Many thanks for your help, I'll check it out on Google Earth and give the council a ring as well.

Cheers,

Peter Jentsch

Guest Juliette Lima

Hi Pilotpj,

I checked this out a couple of years ago and the Dunedoo strip has not been used for a considerable time acording to locals.....like the Merriwa strip it has been on maps for years but not in use.

Cheers

JL

Pilotpj,

As stated council used to operate a strip at Dunedoo, hasnt been used for years. Any emergency situations, the helicopter is called for around that area so there is really no need for a strip.There is a land owner there that used to fly a 172 out near Dunedoo, Havent seen him/heard from him for years. Suspecting that he doesnt fly anymore as I used to always see him at Mudgee.

Gulgong has a strip not too far away mostly used for gliders and also Coolah, which isnt a bad strip, (up the valley a bit more). Maybe that is an alternative??? If not, try the council.

I will ask around the locals to source any private strips for you.

Pilotpj,As stated council used to operate a strip at Dunedoo, hasnt been used for years. Any emergency situations, the helicopter is called for around that area so there is really no need for a strip.There is a land owner there that used to fly a 172 out near Dunedoo, Havent seen him/heard from him for years. Suspecting that he doesnt fly anymore as I used to always see him at Mudgee.

Gulgong has a strip not too far away mostly used for gliders and also Coolah, which isnt a bad strip, (up the valley a bit more). Maybe that is an alternative??? If not, try the council.

I will ask around the locals to source any private strips for you.

Thanks Sam, much appreciated. Any info' on a private strip that I could use would be great.

Cheers, Pete

Hi Pilotpj,I checked this out a couple of years ago and the Dunedoo strip has not been used for a considerable time acording to locals.....like the Merriwa strip it has been on maps for years but not in use.

Cheers

JL

Hi Julliette,

Thanks for the info', its much appreciated. So far, its looking harder and harder to fly into Dunedoo ? .. For the life of me I cannot understand why small rural communities would let a piece of important infrastructure like an airfield fall in disrepair. ??

Kind regards.

Pete

Guest Juliette Lima

Hi Pete,

Could'nt agree more.....and still can't understand why the maps hav'nt deleted the strips.....I don't know what exists in Dunedoo now in the absence of a maitained strip, but what was the Merriwa strip is now smaller properties with homes.

I rang Air Services and formally lodged the redundancy of Merriwa at least, and questioned the accuracy of Dunedoo still being on the maps about two years ago....still no action.

Cheers JL

Hey Julliette,

At Bensville your're close enough to drop into Somerbsy for a cuppa, we'll be pulling the wings and tail feathers off the Europe this Thursday and Friday to do a mod, drop in and say hi if you feel like it.

Cheers, Pete Ph: 0407 922 173

Hi Pete, i am glad it is in the air. would be interesting to see how it performs and handles with the 912. I am still really dirty towards the original owner for the BS history on it. i must drop in and say hi to all. the lazair has been great. just not enough time to go fly as much as i want. Off to Italy again in 2 weeks unfortunatly this time only one day can be allocated to flying so if the weather holds looking forward to a crosscountry flight.

regards steve