Narromine Easter???

JG3

JG I seem to remember another thread with names of those going but I haven't had any luck finding it yet

Yeh, I did a search as well but couldn't find it......

So, who else is interested in going to Narromine??? Those of us who went in the early days remember those as the best fly-ins ever! Then it went downhill as it got more organized and commercial. I reckon we could do it again, just needs keen fliers to show up. They've always been welcoming, and all we need is already there, without a big deal organization and sponsorship....

JG

• Agree 3

I have been to narromine a couple of times and stayed over while enroute to other places but have yet to go to a fly-in there so would be keen to go to one

Who knows perhaps Natfly will return there one day

Ken

Fly-In to Narromine Aerodrome

Start:Thu 02 Apr 2015

End:Sun 05 Apr 2015

Description:Fly-In to Narromine Aerodrome at Easter 2015 Dates are April 2 to April 5.

Nav and observation exercise, accommodation options include on-field camping, caravan park, local accommodation, farm stay or billets, entertainment, meals, tours to local sights, etc. Other attractions to be advised.

Organised by Flying Sub-committee of Narromine Aero Club and supported by Narromine Shire.

I'm definitely going to be there. Hoping we can bring back some of the good times that we used to have at Narromine.

JG

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
Looking forward to it ,great that the aero club is organising it,I never understood why the Ra aus took it away.See you with Easter .

H.

Well they aren't going to explain it now! At the time there was a change of guard in Narromine and I think they lost their shakers and movers. But RAA put it out to auction and Temora council put in a bid and Narromine council didn't get one in, in time.

Narromine council lost interest.

Temora offered more

Valuable few organisers lived at Temora

Interesting fact Narrromine lost the Lowy air museum too, was slated to be there but council uselessness prevailed.

Need to put out more than a tender if you want people to value what you have on offer

Narromine council lost interest.Temora offered more

Need to put out more than a tender if you want people to value what you have on offer

I agree with that as I had to do it when I met my wife. 008_roflmao.gif.692a1fa1bc264885482c2a384583e343.gif.

Alan.

Narromine council lost interest.Temora offered more

Valuable few organisers lived at Temora

Interesting fact Narrromine lost the Lowy air museum too, was slated to be there but council uselessness prevailed.

But the fact is that the Fly-Ins at Narromine were very successful and popular, 200+ aircraft attending.

When it moved to Temora it declined until failing completely.....

• Agree 1

As I have said before I have been to both Temora and Narromine but not to a fly-in , ie Natfly, can somebody tell me what they think of both places and what they think is the best venue for Natfly?

From what I have been hearing most people seem to think Narromine is or was the best venue with a great atmosphere and lots of activity and socalising happening, if that is the case should we all be pushing to have Natfly returned to it's Home .

How about we start some kind of vote ( with reasons ) for liking or not liking one venue or the other, I for one would like to see some people's thoughts on this.

Cheers

Ken

As they say, you can please some of the people some of the time, but not all of the people all of the time.

Wherever it's held, distance to travel and limitations in accommodation will always restrict some from attending.

Narromine certainly used to be well attended, but could have been even more so, with the availability of better visitor transport to and from the venue.

I for one, would like to see it back there.

• Agree 1

I have been to both, and from my observation, it looks like the atmosphere at Narromine was better, despite the councils input.

Temora has lots of structured input, but needs more informal flyer's input, or is it "to much structure pushing the flyers out"

spacesailor

• 2 weeks later...

I don't have a pony in this show, but this just in:

Narromine Phoenix Easter Fly-In

Event Program

(As at 25 March, 2015)

Note:Attendance figures are really just “Guesses”, there is awareness in the aviation community but actual numbers who will attend are unknown.

Thursday 2 April, 2015

Afternoon Arrivals

Bar open Aero Club 5:00pm – 9:00pm

Dinner Gliding Club

Dinner Golf Club

Dinner Narromine Hotel & other venues

Friday 3 April, 2015

Breakfast Gliding Club

Morning Arrivals (Possibly 15)

Lunch Rotary Caravan, Aero Club, Gliding Club

Afternoon Arrivals (Possibly 15)

Bar open Aero Club 12:00noon – 10:00pm

Saturday 4 April, 2015

Breakfast Aero Club (6:30am – 9:00am)

All Day Air Rally

All Day Day visitors (Possibly 20)

9:00am IMC Club Launch (Confirmed)

10:00am CASA Airways and Aerodromes Branch – Ron Doggett (Confirmed)

11:00am Bruce Stark, Tecnam (Confirmed)

12:00 noon Sting Aircraft

Lunch Gliding Club, Narromine Hotel & other Venues, Trangie bus

2:00pm STOL Aircraft

3:00pm Teraya Miller – CASA (Confirmed)

4:00pm Michael Linke – RAAus (Confirmed)

5:00pm Awards for Rally, longest flight and best presented aircraft

Dinner Aero Club, Gliding Club, Golf Club

Sunday 5 April, 2015

Breakfast Aero Club

Morning Departures

Lunch TBA

Narromine Phoenix Easter Fly-In

The Narromine Fly-Ins of old were the best by far that I have ever attended, so sure would like to see them grow again... A lot of fond memories of times at Narromine.....

Narromine is such a great place, and has an excellent local supportive atmosphere...... Midway between Brisbane and Melbourne, so is the preferred overnight stop when we fly that route..... Convenient accommodation right at the field, and a short walk to the pubs in town unless the aero club is open...

Sure hoping that enough flyers will turn up to make it a growing success once again.....

I was really looking forward to going this year to help support that effort, but serious family matters have taken priority... And unfortunately two mates from SE Qld who were also planning to go have encountered family and medical priorities.... Bummer......

JG