Narromine Easter???

JG3

WoW. I went on Saturday, but for the conference, there was "Nothing", Saaa was all locked up, the museum was doing business, must have half a dozen people there, Casa was there as was sting and another table with brochures.

spacesailor

Weather may have played a little part in that? I know I wouldn't have gone that way from here Friday afternoon. Otherwise that does sound disappointing especially considering how many were saying they were going to prove how much better it would be:stirrer:

Weather may have played a little part in that? I know I wouldn't have gone that way from here Friday afternoon. Otherwise that does sound disappointing especially considering how many were saying they were going to prove how much better it would be:stirrer:

Myself and three others got as far as Gunnedah on Friday, still there now.

I was all set to go untill i saw the first long range weather /for Easter ,

Looks like they got it right ,

Thats 3 flyins ive missed in a row , VFR minimums ,now thats a subject we dont talk about much ?

Mike

WoW. I went on Saturday, but for the conference, there was "Nothing", Saaa was all locked up, the museum was doing business, must have half a dozen people there, Casa was there as was sting and another table with brochures.spacesailor

The "Phoenix" organisers unfortunately did not have a direct line to the weather gods. However the forums were wide ranging viz. CASA new instrument rules to the two Michaels from RAAus giving an update on where they are and what is foreseen. They took about 7 hours to fly from Canberra avoiding weather along the way.

There was, as you would expect, a lot of organising in place to handle/guide an unknown number of aircraft. The award for patience must go to the Technam rep who stayed the full term. Many apologies were received from along the eastern side due to the weather.

As expected the weather on Monday was good for flying. Currently (Tues) it is pouring.

This event was not organised by theSAAA or the flying club, but a group of interested aviators.

D

WoW. I went on Saturday, but for the conference, there was "Nothing", Saaa was all locked up, the museum was doing business, must have half a dozen people there, Casa was there as was sting and another table with brochures.spacesailor

Do you know who the person was in an aircraft similar to yours that was giving flying instruction from NRM during the weekend? They enjoyed the low traffic conditions.

But couldn't you still make out the smell of the rotting corpse of Natfly?

Obviously you support the efforts of members to have a flyin of our own and Narromine obviously worked for you then. Only a rotting corpse because members did not support it, did not appreciate the efforts put into organising it and didnt want to get away from big brother and have our own flyin. Your helpful comments and commentary are appreciated. Did you actually attend Temora at any time.?

I attended three Natfly events at Temora, four day effort each time, the decline was evident. None were as good as the second last one at Narromine in the rain, even the weather couldn't spoil it. I spent full days on a trade stand fielding nearly continuous enquiries with the team I was with, people must have just been more interested back then!

• Agree 1

Got nothing to do with efforts put in, its very much appreciated

But are you saying members should attend a fly in because some put in so much effort?

Im not sure Narromine wouldnt have declined the same way. Maybe the timing and purpose of Natfly has run its course.

Ausfly seems stronger, maybe because it better crosses over other interest groups.

I attended three Natfly events at Temora, four day effort each time, the decline was evident. None were as good as the second last one at Narromine in the rain, even the weather couldn't spoil it. I spent full days on a trade stand fielding nearly continuous enquiries with the team I was with, people must have just been more interested back then!

If you keep doing the same thing over and over, people are bound to lose interest. The AOPA in the US have abandoned their big annual event for a series of regional events and its attracting a lot of interest from new visitors

We need one national fly in for all types. RA, SAA, Warbirds, Antiquers. What a great weekend that would be! I would cross the country to attend.

Ausfly 15. Attendees by RAA, SAAA, warbirds and others. Let's go and help the township of Naramine.

If you keep doing the same thing over and over, people are bound to lose interest. The AOPA in the US have abandoned their big annual event for a series of regional events and its attracting a lot of interest from new visitors

But the regional events were killed off ahead of the main event, Monto was one of the best, once upon a time. I drove through Monto yesterday, miss that fly-in, it was a beauty.

• Caution 1