Presidents Report from this months Sports Pilot

shags_j

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Get an RPL and register your 19 aircraft GA experimental. So much for increase3d fees.

If we were getting value for money then ok but all of a sudden we get fee rises, magazine cuts, Natfly taken off the board for the time being....The question is where is the money going after many years of running even and providing member services. Is the push for all the GA wannabe extras, LSA causing this in part.

May be time to consider another organisation that actually recognises the core principles of RECREATIONAL and Ultralight flying as it was originally defined before the lawyers and vested interests got hold of it. Maybe the moneyed end of town can go their own way and let us wage earners and pensioners do our thing without the expensive crap.

Just sayin......

• Like 1
  • Agree 2

Guest Andys@coffs
I'll write to the CEO/President and ask them to be updatedAndy

Folks the President correctly pointed out that the draft minutes, and the list of AGM motions are already on the members portal (just not where I would logically expect them to be) In a browser window log into the member portal, and then use this URL for the draft minutes https://www.raa.asn.au/2014/11/agm-draft-minutes-18th-october-2014/ then this one for the motions https://www.raa.asn.au/2014/10/motions-from-19th-of-october-board-meeting/ and finally this one for actuals YTD https://www.raa.asn.au/members/financial-reports/ if you don't log in first before clicking on the URL's then it takes you to the login screen and then inconveniently forgets where you wanted to go in the first place after you provide credentials......

Its important to point out that we more than met the legislative reporting timing requirements....I just forgot where they were located....Sorry

Andy

P.S I have asked that the logical location for these in the members portal be updated to provide a link to the URL's I provided above where folk will logically look.....for the financial actual reports, they were in the logical financial reporting location (first link on the page "Financial Reports 2014/2015") so no excuse for me, or you Col :<) to not have looked there first...Although if you looked further down you could be forgiven for thinking we stopped reporting in May2014....but rather we moved from Jim Tatlock reporting as the Treasurer to the CEO reporting with appropriate commentary as I believe Shags , and me too, were looking for

Folks the President correctly pointed out that the draft minutes, and the list of AGM motions are already on the members portal (just not where I would logically expect them to be) In a browser window log into the member portal, and then use this URL for the draft minutes https://www.raa.asn.au/2014/11/agm-draft-minutes-18th-october-2014/ then this one for the motions https://www.raa.asn.au/2014/10/motions-from-19th-of-october-board-meeting/ and finally this one for actuals YTD https://www.raa.asn.au/members/financial-reports/ if you don't log in first before clicking on the URL's then it takes you to the login screen and then inconveniently forgets where you wanted to go in the first place after you provide credentials......Its important to point out that we more than met the legislative reporting timing requirements....I just forgot where they were located....Sorry

Andy

P.S I have asked that the logical location for these in the members portal be updated to provide a link to the URL's I provided above where folk will logically look.....for the financial actual reports, they were in the logical financial reporting location (first link on the page "Financial Reports 2014/2015") so no excuse for me, or you Col :<) to not have looked there first...Although if you looked further down you could be forgiven for thinking we stopped reporting in May2014....but rather we moved from Jim Tatlock reporting as the Treasurer to the CEO reporting with appropriate commentary as I believe Shags , and me too, were looking for

I must confess that I didn't look in the right place for the financials as I had burned all my calm searching for the, now revealed, secret location of the minutes and resolutions - bugger. I am impressed with the detail in the financial reports but, as I indicated to Michael, I will need a large pot of tea (maybe even a somavar) while I go through it. Keep well.

Hi Andy, do you know if the different activities of RA-AUS have been costed? For example how much is spent administrating pilot certificates, how much on aircraft registration, how much on FTFs? I can't quite see anything like that in the financials but wondered if such a presentation has been made to the board?

Guest Andys@coffs

Yes, roughly.....in fact pretty rough and its one of the reasons for looking at a redo of the chart of accounts. If we don't collect costs in a way that can be used to reflect the costs of individual services then how can we ever price those services except at a most gross level.

That info was provided to the board (or perhaps an interested subset..can't remember exactly which, late last year) and wont be provided to the general membership at this point in time because of its roughness, however as stated its kicked off an activity to resolve, in the longer term exactly that question.

Andy

Get an RPL and register your 19 aircraft GA experimental. So much for increase3d fees.If we were getting value for money then ok but all of a sudden we get fee rises, magazine cuts, Natfly taken off the board for the time being....The question is where is the money going after many years of running even and providing member services. Is the push for all the GA wannabe extras, LSA causing this in part.

May be time to consider another organisation that actually recognises the core principles of RECREATIONAL and Ultralight flying as it was originally defined before the lawyers and vested interests got hold of it. Maybe the moneyed end of town can go their own way and let us wage earners and pensioners do our thing without the expensive crap.

Just sayin......

You are totally right!

We need to get back to core principles!!

It all went wrong when those darn two seaters were introduced. There were massive cost increases for the membership. Two seaters had to be certified, thus making them less affordable for the wage earners and pensioners. Suddenly AUF had to take on the massive task of administering FTFs.

We need to recognise the CORE PRINCIPLES of RECREATIONAL and ultralight flying as it was originally defined, before the lawyers and vested interests got hold of it.

Maybe the moneyed end of town can go their own way and leave us to play with our inexpensive crap. I demand a return to Wheeler Scouts, Pterodactyls, Eagle XLs and Rotec Rallys. We need to stay below 300' AGL and not cross roads.....for the pensioners!

• Caution 1