Fuel sight tube float

Pilot Pete

I'm going to replace the fuel sight tube on the thruster and was wanting to put in a colored float to make it easier to check. Sight tube is 5mm. Any ideas on what to use ?

Very hard to find those fuel float thingies, I searched for ages and eventually found one at www.bearperkins.com they call it a floatee. $6us plus post, they also have clear fuel line.

I don't use the floatee anymore , I just replace fuel hose when too discoloured to see.

Back in 05 I tried to get something to no avail and eventually I found a perfect little yellow plastic ball. I put it in and was awesome. 2 days later I found the ball had melted

And caused a real mess.. Lol I never used a float again.

Tube last in my lightwing 3 years so farimage.jpg.1e7c5da5e806001c258b7ccd2290d38c.jpg

• Agree 1

Just been replacing hose and have found the new one shows up the fuel level quite well. I have the black and white diagonal stripes as a background but the old tube was very brown and didn't allow the fuel to be seen. All fixed. Just going to add fuel and measure 10 Ltd increments.

• Like 1

Just been replacing hose and have found the new one shows up the fuel level quite well. I have the black and white diagonal stripes as a background but the old tube was very brown and didn't allow the fuel to be seen. All fixed. Just going to add fuel and measure 10 Ltd increments.

Have ya flown it yet Pete? Haven't spoke with The Baron for while.