midair clip in India airshow

They don't know where it is, unless they have bombed it, and then it's not worth knowing..

OK the names of the states of Australia could hardly be worse. Talk about unimaginative. Taswegia is SOUTH of South Australia. Guess where Western Australia is, but it's really big (in area) so maybe it should be GREAT Western Australia. How many Queens in Queensland. When does NEW South Wales become NOT SO NEW. Victoria is named after a long dead Queen. CAN berra? I don't know. But it used to be a half decent Paddock miles off any major road .All the states have different rail gauges Couldn't even agree on one for the Hole place. Nev

• Agree 1

...All the states have different rail gauges Couldn't even agree on one for the Hole place. Nev

Even while European nations were slaughtering each other they built standard guage tracks. You can go from Glasgow right through Europe to Asia on one guage, but our stupid states couldn't agree to standardise theirs. And we call ourselves a nation.

• Like 1

It's a shame the Brits didn't look after the RAILS following "privatisation" of British Railways . . . . since then ONE company, in various guises, currently Railtrack, has been responsible for UK wide track maintenance, and they have done such a pathetic job that most of it is so rubbish now that whole sections have had to be closed for weeks just to bring various bits back to a safe condition. The high speed Eurotunnel trains only run on a new 'ish bit from the Channel Tunnel to London, but would not be able to exceed around 110 Kph on the rest of the network as it would be too dangerous.

It seems strange that the French TGV trains can rattle along quite happily at 290 Kph since they apparently look after their tracks. . . .

• Informative 1

Adjectivism aside,. . .this is the technical reason that some Air- to - air, as well as Ground - to - air missiles have a "NEAR MISS" fuse function,. . . so that they can go "Poooof" without an impact having actually occurred. . . .( What, ?. . .Gay ordnance now. . . ? )

Yes but that was 246 misses not 246 near misses. If you had 1 near miss, you would not be posting.

Regardless of the distance, air is air, i.e. not a solid, and has no effect.

I think if some of you drove in Asia for a while you would understand my indifference to the matter.