"new posts"

crashley

The site is slick and handy, if you know where to look. A first time user may bypass the site because they have to search to get to the bones, i.e the forum. Not that intuitive. Otherwise no probs.

There was ample and very comprehensive user consultation so if you did not comment in the concept or during the 3 lots of testing phases, all communicated and posted about over a 1.5 month period, then unfortunately I can't do anything about that. The new posts can be accessed at any time no matter where you are on the site by simply clicking the world globe icon. This is even more accessible than before

• Like 1

The one shown in the above screen shot is only when in the Forums however, there is the new GLOBAL NEW icon which is displayed no matter where you are in the whole site...something we didn't have before:

1.jpg.8a669bb5a5043bc19ef54df9ab392b24.jpg

• Like 2

Also note, that using the 24hr one means you will not be able to see ALL the new posts and you will miss out on seeing so much unless you are religiously logging in twice every single day. In fact the 24hr one is only standard to guests and is not standard with the software for logged in users for this very reason and I added it but in retrospect I shouldn't have. The new GLOBAL new icon will be further developed to provide more wheras the 24hr one will not and will be phased out

I sometimes use the 24 to refind something I've read but has not received a subsequent post (in the last 24)

This will be catered for in the further development of the Global What's New